What Is Ie

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If IE is so good, why cant you get and Andriod version :icon_chickcheers:

Internet Explorer:

is a malicious form of malware which is designed to slow down computer performance and frustrate users. Due to Swiss cheese-like security, it is susceptible to raep by nearly every exploit imaginable. In less than 5 minutes, the average IE installation will Fail as it becomes saturated with worms, unwanted tool bars, and AIDS.
It's also known to infect your computer with the Win/System32 virus - it creates a folder in C:/Windows/ that can easily be removed by deleting the entire folder (which is usually filled with junk to make it look genuine).

I hear there's work being frantically done getting the native linux port going again.

What about Ubuntu heard about it from someone here (recent thread) is it any good

Internet Explorer:

It's also known to infect your computer with the Win/System32 virus - it creates a folder in C:/Windows/ that can easily be removed by deleting the entire folder (which is usually filled with junk to make it look genuine).

I hear there's work being frantically done getting the native linux port going again.
I had this once, took me a pretty long time to get rid of it. Best clean it up before it gets too deep.

Whether or not it's good is going to depend on what you use a computer for. I use firefox, beersmith, pidgin & occasionally a spreadsheet or word processor so ubuntu works brilliantly for me. It does mean that I have to use someone elses computer to get music onto my iphone but I see that as a reason not to own an apple product rather than a reason to ditch Linux.

Whether or not it's good is going to depend on what you use a computer for. I use firefox, beersmith, pidgin & occasionally a spreadsheet or word processor so ubuntu works brilliantly for me. It does mean that I have to use someone elses computer to get music onto my iphone but I see that as a reason not to own an apple product rather than a reason to ditch Linux.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PortableDevices/iPhone

There are some easy to follow guides to get it all working and then you can just use Linux :)

Cool, thanks mate. That looks good. I still reckon I'll get an android once I'm out of contract.

Opera is fast...real fast compared to a well customised install of FF. Not the same developer base as FF though, so all the good scripts you had in FF just aren't available... BUGGER!

Might give Google Crime a run... used it years ago when it quickly became fat, dumb & stupid after a few weeks from install, and lost it's browsing agility. Will have to see how it goes now....

Opera is fast...real fast compared to a well customised install of FF. Not the same developer base as FF though, so all the good scripts you had in FF just aren't available... BUGGER!

I used Opera many years ago and loved it. Then they did an upgrade and it got fat and slow. That is when I converted to FF. Still using 2.0 as I did not care for their brilliant idea of mixing up the history and bookmarks. I am sure I am stuck with 2.0 as I am still using Win98SE. Someday I may upgrade to 2000.

I used Opera many years ago and loved it. Then they did an upgrade and it got fat and slow. That is when I converted to FF. Still using 2.0 as I did not care for their brilliant idea of mixing up the history and bookmarks. I am sure I am stuck with 2.0 as I am still using Win98SE. Someday I may upgrade to 2000.

The most recent version fixed these problems.

I've been using Opera for the last 2 years - perfect for my needs and I like the "speed dial" page that comes up when you open a new tab where I can get straight onto all my time wasting procrastinating sites :p

Opera_shot.JPG

edit: I still use Windows XP - ain't broke why fix it.

That bottom blanked out page look suspiciously like a goat website :ph34r:

Nah, it's a cams site :ph34r:

goatcam

goat_cam_image_beekman.jpg

Only 40 on at the moment, a bit slack.

Latest posts

Back