What Is A Real Brewer ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think that the only Real Brewers are those using All Grain.

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am brand new to home brewing (as can be seen by my number of posts !!!). I check out this forum everyday and can not begin to tell you how much I have learnt.

This particular topic has been interesting and has compelled me to post.

Everyone here is extremely passionate aboout their craft whether they are AG'ers or extract brewers. Hell, I'm even passionate about it and I haven't even tasted my first batch. (still in the racking bin !!).

I have "brew" respect for anyone who has more knowledge than me irrespective of how they brew - so I guess for me I don't give a toss how a "real brewer" is defined!!

I think it's all about the passion for the "craft".

If this passion was the criteria to define a real brewer - then welcome fellow real/true/master/kin of the world brewers!!!!!!

I don't know why Ken wanted to know what people think of him and I think most of these posts are just healthy shit-stirring and good for the forum, but for anyone getting too serious...

Whats real mean? You mean like get a real job or something? i.e. your job (religion, nationality, car, wife, brewing technique) is not as good as mine.

Phew... there are some people who agree that there are other people inferior to us. I can feel better about myself now.

Aussie Home Brewer

Aussie: self-deprecating, anti-authoritarian, anti-elitism, having a laugh.
Home: warmth, sharing, friends, family.
Brewing: from dump and stir to point and click and all points in between, allowing yeast to make beer out of wort you had a hand in preparing.

cheers

Im a proud All grain brewers and used to make kits and good kits but dont mean u cant make good beer.

Also if you cant ferment a kit beer forget doing an all grain brew

also most swill beers are fermented from grain and all thbe old brew from grain
so i think that is real brewing o lot more can go wrong

but still u can make good beer with kit u just have less control

brew how u like but it my opion so dont get upset it spose to be hobby have fun and aspire to make beer and most ag will love to help u make better beer

Well not wanting to Sound Blunt.

Dont the pompus ones amongst us whom think this have some beer to "BREW".

Seriously If the precious person/s whom said that Extract brewers are not brewers are not happy with Dump and Sitrs Calling themselves brewers they better get a nother hobby.

Mummy will be home soon, It will be OK........Whingers

Seriously If the precious person/s whom said that Extract brewers are not brewers are not happy with Dump and Sitrs Calling themselves brewers they better get a nother hobby.

Well mate us all grainers dont think we are better than you extract beer makers or have clam to be it OUR opionon it not real brewing and i used to brew kits until i had my first parial and thought it was so much better than my kits plus i like to experiment.

If u like to do extract and like it well do it is your beer

to me it doenst matter what and prefer my wayt and the all brewers on this forum will all give advice and try to help all to make better beer no elitism ect

Its about time to put this to bed make you beer how u want to if its bad will it yopur fault but dont look for a af lame war when all we want to do is talk about home brew beer which is a hobby we love so much

plus if it wasnt for site like this i would not be ag brewer

Jazman said:
Its about time to put this to bed

I agree Jaz, this is supposed to be fun.

Nuff said

Cheers,

Crispy

i think i may have given off the wrong impression with my post. i was in no way having a go at ag brewers....one day i hope to be one.

and im very aprriciate of all the healp i get from you guys and every other brewer on here

i do think this thread is one where we will keep chasing our tales over and over.

when i comes down to it we are all BEER MAKERS.... so i think the time has come to unit and fight the evil forces of crap beer that is the norm for most of the world :ph34r:

GMk your such a trouble maker hahaha

datfrog said:
Well not wanting to Sound Blunt.

Datfrog, it sounds like you're the one being a little precious here. If you're going to be rude, then you're welcome to go back to the Grumpys forum and keep out of here. Just because people are debating a topic and expressing their opinions doesn't mean they are "pompous" or "whingeing".

- Snow

Admin/Moderators,

Can we delete this thread please!

Agree nuke it

A beer at 9.20am... That's dedication to the craft Johnno!

Shed said:
Admin/Moderators,

My only contribution to this thread is to second the motion to nuke it before it causes any more divisiveness.

Shed said:
Admin/Moderators,

No say it isn't so. We must keep this thread forever as a reminder of man's inhumanity to man.

If we hide from our past how will we avoid making the same mistakes in the future.

Let GMK's poll serve as a lesson to us all that labels can hurt :(

Cheers
MAH

Let's get rid of it...

Shawn.

leaving the thread in place would ensure a similar thread doesn't develop in future.

I vote for beer and sandwiches.

jleske said:
leaving the thread in place would ensure a similar thread doesn't develop in future.
Taken on board.

Topic now locked.

Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back