What Has Been Your Longest Run Of Afd's

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often would u have a Alcohol Free session?

• once a week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • once a month

• once a year

• Never

• Total voters
i dont drink monday to friday. I find going to gym on those days helps keep me off the grog as im in a "healthy" state of mind.

i drink on weekeneds, but rarely get drunk. i probs get drunk once a month.

same as alot of you here, i enjoy quality over quanitity. at least my beer lasts longer then usual :D

I take Monday-Tuesday off, have just a couple on Wednesday-Thursday after work, and all bets are off from Friday night til Sunday arvo.

I may as well get me some necromancy action too.
Last year I didn't drink for about 6 days because I was in hospital on morphine and oxygen. Unfortunately they didn't give me morphine and oxygen for the 6 days, just a couple of glorious days.
I don't often go a day without beer.
I just got back from a brief stay in hospital. Morphine does make having the stitches in the back of your throat open up a lot more tolerable. On topic 6 weeks, probably won,t have a drink for the next two weeks while recovering.

I binge drink occasionally. Rarely drink every day, not even one beer.

Longest I've gone without a single drink would have been a few months. And it wasn't because I was trying or anything. Just didn't do it.

On a typical night where I do drink I'd be looking at around 12 schooners or more. The next day I feel like crap and don't feel like drinking again. I do have benders from time to time but not really.

Don't understand how people can get addicted to it to be honest.

I normally have a drink most nights of the week, although for the last couple of months due to work and then pre season training, I don't get home til 830-9 ish on a Tuesday and Thursday and often head to bed without a drink on those nights as I just feel like water after doing sprints and beach runs.

I have also lately been having an AFD on a sunday due to the slightly higher than average consumption on a Friday and Saturday, but similarly to a lot of people on here, havent been written off for quite some time.

Thinking about it now, for the last couple of months it seems like I would be having 2-3 AFD's a week. Definitely not on purpose or due to health issues, just seems to be the way the cookie is crumbling at the moment.

Sponge

I'm have a forced break atm, i.e dry mon to thur, friggin work is stressing me out and drinking aint helping, have had to stop coffee too,
kinda weird not bracketing the day with caffeine and ethanol,

I would have at least one AFD every week and anywhere from 1-3 AFDs in a row.

More I exercise, less I drink. Usually train in the evening so rehydrating on beer is too much.

Longest I've gone alcohol free is just over 12 months. In my early 20's I just stopped drinking one weekend, then 12 months later felt like a beer :icon_cheers: .

Cheers
MAH

Just wondering peoples drinking habits.
I tend to be pretty constant with no binges but vey few AFD's. Usually 2 or 3 per day but the alcohol levels are over 5% most of the time.
I think I might be working on a fatty liver?

Steve
I've realized that I'm more addicted to building all the brewing gear than brewing the beer. But even this is done in irregular bursts of manic activity followed by maybe months of cool indifference. It drives the wife nuts as I keep accumulating a collection of junk that might come in handy for one of my future airy fairy projects. Being aware my junk habit was getting out of hand I stopped visiting the recycling tips, but soon discovered she is more addicted to scrounging around them than me! Now if I'm working on an idea I take stock of what I have on hand & only keep my eye open for other bits and pieces at the tip as I need them.

I used to drink heavily in Brisbane (1970's) between 18 & 24 but it was usually with a group of 4 to 6 mates at the local, or a live band venue (Sunnybank Hotel), having fun & a laugh. We never got in fights & I've never believed in drinking when feeling low. I prefer to drink in a social setting with other people but all the driving usually involved doesn't motivate me anymore & I won't drive with any alcohol on my breath. So these days I'll have the odd one or two beers in front of the tv or while on the phone, then quietly fall asleep only to have my wife shake me awake to stop me rattling the house off its foundations with my snoring.

I think I just have "Old Farts Syndrome". But I have fond memories of my old mates at least.
Moderation is what works for me consuming food & drink these days.

Reading some of the responses here, I might be inclined to think that I'm an alcoholic.

BUT I'M NOT.

Alcoholics go to meetings.

I drink daily. It's VERY rare for me to have an AFD. Some days I'll just have one or two, others I'll start at 3pm and keep going till I go to bed.

Odd thing is, unless I hit it hard and quick, I rarely get "drunk". Probably be over the limit to drive, but don't feel even tipsy. Is that a bad thing?

I have at least a day off a week and try for two. Mostly because I'm just trying to get a root! Bahahaa!
daz

I generally don't drink Mon-Wed. Although I had 2 last night so there goes that theory.. Been quite a few sundays which were alcohol free but that was probably due to drinking too much on Saturday and being woken early by the kidlets.

Those who know me can testify to my really toned, sculptured body, so in order to keep looking the way I do I usually have Monday-Wednesday beer free. Usually.
If not then only a couple of middies on a weeknight The weekend is a different story :icon_drunk:

Skipping all the days of the week so I can have 14 standard drinks on a Saturday night ;)

night shift usually keeps me beer free till its time to go fishing. feels strange having a beer at 6am when you get home. rarely drink while brewing too.

would say at least one AFD a week

Usually only a day or 2 here and there, longest was 6 months deployed overseas. They did have non-alcoholic beer but it was :icon_vomit:

Back