What Has Been Your Longest Run Of Afd's

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often would u have a Alcohol Free session?

• once a week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • once a month

• once a year

• Never

• Total voters

SJW

As you must brew, so you must drink
Reaction score
Just wondering peoples drinking habits.
I tend to be pretty constant with no binges but vey few AFD's. Usually 2 or 3 per day but the alcohol levels are over 5% most of the time.
I think I might be working on a fatty liver?

Steve

Just wondering peoples drinking habits.
I tend to be pretty constant with no binges but vey few AFD's. Usually 2 or 3 per day but the alcohol levels are over 5% most of the time.
I think I might be working on a fatty liver?

Steve

I aim for AFDs on Mondays & Tuesdays...doesn't always work out that way and especially at the moment as I'm holidays until next week.

cliffo

I have at least one AFD each week, and try to get two in a row.

Cheers,
Greg

I really don't drink that much so the poll woul dhave to be reversed for me :D

December & January are always a write-off thanks to the Silly Season.
but I always aim for at least two days a week... and usually fail.

Longest run ever was 2 weeks, thanks to doing a church-building work trip on a small island in Tonga. Fresh coconuts and kava were the substitutes. :)

I try not to drink Mon-Thurs. Fri, Sat are fair game and I probably have 1 or 2 on a sunday.

longest stint was 4 months. that was about 6 years ago. never come close to that again. 2.5 weeks would be about the longest since then (on Dr's orders) and it feels like a long bloody time. esp after a hard week and friday night rolls round.

Not counting the odd binge every month or so.
Usually I have an alcohol free day at least once or twice a week. I almost never drink sunday then the other is just a night mid week. I hardly ever have more than 2 beers in a session also. After a hard week a friday might call for 3 or 4 but I'm working on a full flavored light beer for this.

So on average about 10 beers or so a week, give or take.

My wife won't let me have an AFD......she's afraid I'd sober up and realise I got married 20 years ago. ;)

5 days a week alcohol free for me during normal working times.

For good reasons, my workplace has zero tolerance level and random testing. Alas, introduction of this has darn near killed off my attendance of Thursday evening BABB meetings, as I would have to take a sickie on the Friday or else risk losing my job.

I might risk the odd pot on a weeknight, but that is all, and doesn't happen often. Bundaberg Ginger Beer is my friend!

pretty much the same as colin, some mines have zero tolerance and will blanket test everyone on a shutdown site every morning so its a forced thing really.

when i'm home it's open season :icon_cheers: :icon_drunk:

my longest would have to have been the 55 days i spent in the solomons. man i could of killed for a real beer by the end of it

AFD's?
Are they anything like WMD's? If they are, we should stop typing, lest we get invaded by crazies. Or worse. I heard that the yanks will kill people for having things like that...
T.

I have an AFD around once a year or 2 for one day on average when i get a flu and im to sick to drink.

Thats about it though.

I also work in mines every day.... some have the bretho machines you have to blow in when you sign in, in the morning. I have a few beers each nite and still blow 0.00 in the morining at 7AM.

cheers

Last year I had most of Feb as an AFM and copped a bit of flack in here. Oh well :) Apart from that, I drank pretty much every other day.

This year, I'm cutting down on the beer and having three AFD's a week.

I very, very rarely have an AFD. If I was really hurting from a night out - rare with kids etc, I'd see how bad I felt - a beer late in the arvo might help a treat!

When I broke my back in 1995 I had a couple of days at it while in hospital, and I feared the worst - no hooch. And my spinal cord might be damaged! Then my mobile rang and a girl I had met (and apparently kissed!) called me from the business card I had given her. I told her I was at Mona Vale hospital and what had happened. She said "Is there anything you need that I can bring over?" and guess what my answer was?

And then she hobbled into my shared room in the hospital on CRUTCHES having sprained her ankle a few days prior. We drank warm Sub Zeros together. Romance. :wub:

It turns out she was the ugly friend and her good looking gal pal was the one I kissed. :p

I believe Churchilll said it best when he said: "I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me. "

InCider.

One...

I drink beer almost every day, but I don't get drunk every day.

I had an AFD last week, because I got home at 2230 and I was too tired from work to get out to the kegerator.

WJ

I am great fan of the VAFDA...

K

Back