What Does Your Lady Drink

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My girlfriend started off only drinking vodka based drinks. Then she tried Rekorderlig and loved it. Now she can't drink it because it's too sweet, will only drink nun's c*nt dry ciders now.

As for her beer palate she's slowly gone from 'tastes like bread/beer' to 'that's hoppy' 'i can taste chocolate in that'. Getting there! Can see a time when she'll suddenly like it. A palate is a very trainable thing, test it enough and it'll change. I can't think of many kids that LOVE broccoli and brussel sprouts straight off the bat!

I'm looking forward to a day where she walks up to a tap in the house and pours herself a beer!

Anything cold and wet, but not too hoppy or not too malty. Radler styles, pale lagers, a Range of spirits and decent reds.

I might add, she is typically the last wo-man standing.

:party:

The missus is happy to try most beers I make but doesnt drink them too often, beer is not a girls drink.

She will put away a cerveza on a hot day after mowing ( ride on, cant get her off it )...

Offer her a Chivas Regal, thats a different story...'honey' she says pointing at the 1 and a half bottles in the bar, 'getting low, do I have enough'....
lucky if she drinks more than 5 small drinks in a session.

Judging by her demeanor, whatever she's drinking, it must be sour.

The brew wench is into stouts / porters in a big way and although she is not Qld born seems to get threw quite a few 40lb square bears ..

She who must be naturally inoculated.
I've turned the CEO of my brewery into a beer snob. Prefers light beers or darker/sweeter ones, but has a spot on appreciation for a balanced brew so it helps quite a bit to tune recipes. And she disagrees with the statement that beer is not a girls drink.

K and k ginger beer and she really liked the 10% Belgian as well, but now she's pregnant so won't have to worry about doing gingers for a while..

We are partial to rum and raspberry's. But she enjoy bright ale. Has tried everything i make but not keen on them.

Refuses to even taste what I make. She thinks it is risky for her health, because I told her once (twice, actually) that my beer got infected. :D

Back