What Do Baby Geckos Eat?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
I've noticed a few tiny little baby geckos around the bathroom etc, obviously from one clutch of eggs, and a few have perished. I love geckos and have a couple in the brewery and like their cheerful chirp reminding me I'm in the sub tropics.
I'd like to leave some food out for the wee ones, but what the heck do they eat?

I'm already in the good books with the local lorikeets and magpies, so geckos are a logical extension of my wildlife caring duties. And no I don't have any gecko milk available or gecko kibble :p

From experience, Bluetongues love small cubes of banana, but I don't know if that rings true with Gecko's.

The other element to consider is whether you want to take away the young'uns learning curve to source their own food and become reliant on human interaction.......... just a thought.

Small insects. A friend of mine put a few under his house and it has kept his spiders and insects under control.

Kabooby :)

Mealworms are good. It's best to get food from a reptile store (if there's one local) to make sure it's clean food.

Wouldn't the spiders keep the insects under control?

I guess they both do. You normally notice geckos around lights waiting to eat up some insects.

Kabooby :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back