What are you Watching ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My son and I have been enjoying the Japanese Anime "Attack on Titan" on SBS (two episodes each Tuesday night).

It's violet, lots of action - Humans trapped in a citadel behind a dam-sized wall to keep humanoid giants out. Giants break through, eat everyone.

I like it, but the story is so.... frickin'.... slow.... it takes a few episodes for a single plot point to unfold. Sheesh.

It can take a whole episode for something to actually happen. Good thing we'd recorded 6 of them before we started watching.
Very compelling.

230px-Shingeki_no_Kyojin_manga_volume_1.jpg

Dumb and Dumber To -

Seemed a little forced. Didn't have the flow or charm of Dumb and Dumber, but some good belly laughs nevertheless.

7 1/2 out of 10.

:lol: See, tht's where they got me. I wasn't expecting something as in-depth as an analysis of outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic an' social differences in Russian society which led to great upheaval.

Butt there were some beaut fart jokes!!!

Watched 'Beware of Mr Baker Saturday night.
You don't have to be a fan of Cream or drumming (though I am of both) to get a kick out of this. Baker is genuinely a ******* arsehole. But a talented, interesting, colorful, chain smoking, mad as a cut snake ******* arsehole.
Had to laugh as he recalled an early gig with the Graham Bond Organisation where a young Mick Jagger stood in on vocals. Says Baker - 'So I turned to Graham and said, whose this cnut?"
Get your hands on it. Well worth worth a look.

http://youtu.be/d0JAe2sV2nc

Where did ya catch it, Dave? I've other avenues of catching these shows but haven't seen this one anywhere. I've seen him in different music doco's over the years and he has always struck me as being as you described :lol:

madpierre06 said:
Where did ya catch it, Dave? I've other avenues of catching these shows but haven't seen this one anywhere. I've seen him in different music doco's over the years and he has always struck me as being as you described :lol:
You could get it on i tunes for around $12.

Or you could find a kickass torrent site, if you're that way inclined.

Dave70 said:
You could get it on i tunes for around $12.

Or you could find a kickass torrent site, if you're that way inclined.
:D Saw what you did there, will probably look to lash out the $12 as using sites such as that is probably a recipe to getting your ass kicked. 3/4 of their seeders are bait and hook anyways. Unusual that it's not around anywhere's, eh.

After watching a couple of episodes of the second season of True Detective, I'm re-watching the first season. Damn, what a brilliant series. McConaughey absolutely owned that show.

Sorry second what of what? It's out? Damn I've fallen behind living in the apple isle.
Nice apples though. And whisky......

Mmmmmmm whisky

Yep. Looking like being another cracker of a show. Not quite sold with Vince Vaughan but we'll see.

And thanks. Now I need a whisky.

Knee deep in House of Cards right now, with a side of Orange is the New Black

True Detective Season 2 and Daredevil on standby.

manticle said:
I need true detective. While I have a whisky.
Just think, if you were to oak one now it'd be ready by the time season 2 reaches you!

Spiesy said:
True Detective Season 2 .
SEASON 2 ! Oh happy days, brilliant show.

I assume what Matthew McConaughey is saying (drawling) is relavent to the story line...you've got to assume sometimes.

Danwood said:
SEASON 2 ! Oh happy days, brilliant show.

I assume what Matthew McConaughey is saying (drawling) is relavent to the story line...you've got to assume sometimes.
Not 100% I follow, but completely different cast.

I imagine McConaughey's southern drawl is easier to understand than most of Dan's posts...

Ah, different cast in S2 ?

I hadn't even heard there was a second season until I'd seen your post, Speisy.

I'll have a look at some trailers...

PS. Shutyerfacecam

Camo6 said:
Just think, if you were to oak one now it'd be ready by the time season 2 reaches you!
It's an hour on a plane. Ever bought a bottle of single malt that proclaimed 1 hour ageing?

Heathen. None of you would even be alive if it wasn't for the map of Tasmania.

Latest posts

Back