What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got the El-P - High Water album and have been digging it. It is cool if you like both abstract hip hop and undergroundish jazz, which I do, but it is definitely not aimed at pleasing the masses.

Well while we're having a chuckle at folks doing doing funny shit with other peoples songs:

Last edited by a moderator:
Edenbridge - Solitaire.

A bit same-old, still worth listening to though.

And I got a signed CD, so that helps :)

For a laugh, bluegrass tributes to famous bands
Iron Horse, Bluegrass tribute to Guns and Roses and Metallica
Hayseed Dixie, Bluegrass versions of ACDC songs, TNT is great...oink, oink
Strummin with the Devil, Bluegrass versions of Van Halen songs
and one with Led Zep songs done in the same style

Rodrigo Y Gabriela 11:11... not bluegrass!

For a laugh, bluegrass tributes to famous bands
Iron Horse, Bluegrass tribute to Guns and Roses and Metallica
Hayseed Dixie, Bluegrass versions of ACDC songs, TNT is great...oink, oink
Strummin with the Devil, Bluegrass versions of Van Halen songs
and one with Led Zep songs done in the same style

Rodrigo Y Gabriela 11:11... not bluegrass!

Have you heard Me First & The Gimme Gimme's?

Punk versions of many classic / daggy / old songs. Pure gold :icon_cheers:

Another perspective: when I go to the US and am obliged to go on (often lengthy) car trips with my SIL. One of the only 2 CDs she will listen to is by Me First and The Gimme Gimmes. It is probably the most objectionable music I have ever heard. It makes me want to tear my face off.

Another perspective: when I go to the US and am obliged to go on (often lengthy) car trips with my SIL. One of the only 2 CDs she will listen to is by Me First and The Gimme Gimmes. It is probably the most objectionable music I have ever heard. It makes me want to tear my face off.

Shit mate, sorry that I might like something that you don't like! Next time I will make sure I send you a PM to make sure you approve first before i have the audacity to post anything here.

Maybe you should change your name to Grumpy bum, a bit more appropriate I think!

i went to high school with paso bionic and his bro! just name dropping really u know......

very talented lads, used to be a wall across the road from the school they would piece most weeekends, crazy artwork.

also loved his input into the early TZU stuff before they became a bit more commercial.
Are TZU that crazy group of strange rappers that don't really rap and sorta just yell stuff, and often wear extremely strange outfits on stage? (garbage bags, costumes, duct tape) - and no, i'm not referring to MZO, which are equally as wierd but certainly not rappers.

edit: Ah yes, i know i recognised them, i remember seeing curse ov dialect live.

I take issue with your suggestion that Curse Ov Dialect don't really rap. Vulk Makedonski is far and way the most technically proficient MC this country has ever produced. August the 2nd is basically a Del the Funky Homosapien clone and not much of a shouter. Atarungi is a strange one, always thought he was a waste of time til the last album - he's really come into his own on this one, his writing is developing into something really interesting and often challenging. Raceless...he's probably what you're talking about. But. But you really need to see them lots and listen to their records lots to get his genius. Took me a long time and I've been a huge fan of these guys for years. The thing about Raceless is that he will never deliver the same verse the same way twice. Sure, none of those deliveries will be particularly amazing but being so stylistically loose and never utterly losing track is pretty impressive.

Rutherglenn Rambler, come here. Mummy kiss it all better. Man up. Why is it that noobs here can't handle a different opinion anymore? I've been in more fights here in the last couple weeks than back when I was actually looking for fights.

Shit mate, sorry that I might like something that you don't like! Next time I will make sure I send you a PM to make sure you approve first before i have the audacity to post anything here.

Maybe you should change your name to Grumpy bum, a bit more appropriate I think!

:huh:

Best pantera live song ever

This made me laugh. I feel the same way if I have to listen to Metallica's 'Enter Sandman' It was a great song in 1990, but I've already heard it one thousand times too many.

I take issue with your suggestion that Curse Ov Dialect don't really rap. Vulk Makedonski is far and way the most technically proficient MC this country has ever produced. August the 2nd is basically a Del the Funky Homosapien clone and not much of a shouter. Atarungi is a strange one, always thought he was a waste of time til the last album - he's really come into his own on this one, his writing is developing into something really interesting and often challenging. Raceless...he's probably what you're talking about. But. But you really need to see them lots and listen to their records lots to get his genius. Took me a long time and I've been a huge fan of these guys for years. The thing about Raceless is that he will never deliver the same verse the same way twice. Sure, none of those deliveries will be particularly amazing but being so stylistically loose and never utterly losing track is pretty impressive.

Rutherglenn Rambler, come here. Mummy kiss it all better. Man up. Why is it that noobs here can't handle a different opinion anymore? I've been in more fights here in the last couple weeks than back when I was actually looking for fights.
I got their genius when I saw them, very clever, and yes, i'm not all up on rap lingo, so it seemed they weren't "rapping" at least not conventionally, but yes, enjoyed their set very much.

Best pantera live song ever

Saw the Big Four Live at the cinema last night. Filmed in Sofia, Bulgaria a few weeks ago.

Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer and Metallica.

Towards the end of the Metallica set all the members of Anthrax and Megadeth (yes, Dave Mustaine and James Hetfield on the same stage) plus the drummer from Slayer (not sure why the rest of Slayer didnt join them) joined Metallica on stage to belt out Diamond Head's 'Am i evil'.

All that for the paltry sum of $25. 4 hours of metal mayhem. :super:

Hey I was there too on saturday night Dr Smurto supprised we didn't cross paths at the bar, was a pretty good show, fave bit would have been when Anthrax did the Dio tribute heaven and hell.
We were right up the front which was pretty shit seats and there was no stereo image just a rather average mono sound, still was a good night out.

Latest posts

Back