What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nightwish

Dark Passion play
Nice one! :) I wasn't sure what to expect with their new singer, Anette Olson, but I like it a lot - can't wait for their next album.

I like Nightwish...for a couple of hours. I heard they're touring?
In Sydney tonight (Friday) and Brisbane tomorrow night (Saturday.)

I'm listening to "Mandylion" by The Gathering at the moment - my favourite band (from Mandylion onwards.) Hopefully they'll find a new singer soon and kick on like Nightwish have. :(

Iron Maiden
:super: :super: :super: :super:
Thanks beernography

Image025.jpg

So was it MAGIC?

I'm getting the hot n cold shivers just looking at that blurry pic :D~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fantastic !!
Sound was a bit iffy at the start of the set but settled down nicely. Bruce worked hard all night and did not show his age (just shy of 50). I just love Steve Harris' playing and my expectations were met last night :)
Highlights for me were Aces High, Run to the Hills and Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner :super: .
Thanks again beernography, I wouldn't have had the chance to see them and it was a shot in the arm with this my first metal gig since Napalm Death in 97.
Cheers
Doug

My pleasure mate - for real! Glad it went to someone deserving & 10 years is too long between metal injections. I'll post my review of the Sydney show(s) - hoping to get a second ticket from work for free!

Speaking of which is anyone from here going to Sydney?

Speaking of which is anyone from here going to Sydney?

I am going with 3 mates, flying out of adelaide saturday morning seeing both gigs and flying home monday late arvo if anyones up for a sherbet or twenty, will be staying in The Rocks.
Won't be on the net but feel free to call on 0433 800 038 if you like.

Cheers
Jayse

Beernography - I'll be there tonight with a few mates. Might hit Paddys before hand for a beer - starting to get excited !!!

Plastic man obviously didn't see you there! **** that was a great gig. I woke up this morning and thought I had just had the best dream ever. Pure magic... and the best bit is I'm going again tonight!

I caught up with Jayse, he's a top bloke and had the displeasure of drinking VB (or Carlton Cold :icon_vomit: it was the lesser of two evils) together.

Bruce said that Maiden are going to be back soon, I reckon within 2 years and I'll be there for sure!

:super:

beernography

I was the one in the black T-Shirt with long hair :p

yeah - how good was that. How was sunday night ? I don't know how Bruce could back up after what he did on Sat night, Insane !!

They certainly enjoyed it as well so I agree - we'll see the plane touch down at mascot again soon.

They certainly enjoyed it as well so I agree - we'll see the plane touch down at mascot again soon.
+1

One hell of a rock show! So much energy and power, I daresay a flawless performance by all. I was particularly blown away by Bruces voice...he's still got it!

every 10th person at the airport was wearing Maiden t-shirts :)

I've seen more Iron Maiden T-shirts in the past three days than I have in my life so far. I work at Sydney Airport and yes Tangent, every about 2nd or 3rd person has a Maiden shirt on. I'd love to be the merch guy, ******* will be able to put that new extension on his house at this rate!

Have been giving Doughboy Hollow a bit of a run in the lead up to the "Don't Look Back" show by Died Pretty last night at The Gov.
Absolutely outstanding show. Ron S Peno is still a showman albiet looking somewhat older than when I last saw him play back in the mid 80's :eek:
If you are a Died Pretty fan then don't miss this show if it's coming to your town.

C&B
TDA

Up the Irons! I also saw heaps of tourists wearing shirts round Sydney. I thought it was refreshing :D

The Sunday show was just as good as the Saturday one. I could actually see the show cause I had a gold seat, the night prior I was in the silver mosh section.

I was the one with the balloons :D

[edit] PS - Whitesnake are touring :super:

whitesnake better be better than last time in Sa

Latest posts

Back