What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Duff,

what about Soundgarden "Badmotorfinger" (though if you're into Pearl Jam et al you've prolly already got it).

If its riffs you're after this album sure did rock hard back in those heady days of 1991.......

Jez

PS - or the classic Helmet album "Meantime". another winner with riffs galore...

PPS - or Queens of the stone Age "Songs for the deaf"

Duff,

what about Soundgarden "Badmotorfinger" (though if you're into Pearl Jam et al you've prolly already got it).

If its riffs you're after this album sure did rock hard back in those heady days of 1991.......

Jez

PS - or the classic Helmet album "Meantime". another winner with riffs galore...

For sure, haven't heard Helmet for ages. As for the garden, think i wore that cd out!!!!

Duff,

Jez

Borrowed Badmotorfinger off a workmate back when I was a snot nosed 2nd-year apprentice sparky. it Had a fantastic Limited edition EP attached called "Somme". Well worth searching for! Best cover of a Devo song ever. :super:

great Sabbath cover on that ep as well. I've got it on cassette areound here somewhere.....

Jez

Seen them playing hell yeah on rage the last few weeks, was watching and then this band came on and vinnie paul was playing drums, I'am like who the hell are these guys with vinnie on drums? classic metal from texas, only heard that song so far and liked it.
Worth checking out is 'rebel meets rebel' the last album dime made. Its with vinnie and rex with outlaw country music legend david allen coe on vocals. Pretty cool album.

Saw lamb of god play a few weeks ago and that show was unreal.
Just having my very first listen right now, got the song 'don't wanna stop' a month ago though.
Let you now what I think after a couple beers and a couple listens, so far so good.......
Can't really go past the first Alice in Chains albums 'facelift' and 'dirt' as far as older stuff, I'am sure you must have them two though.

A couple new albums of the top of my head I'd recomend is the new Iron Maiden album A Matter of Life and Death and the new Megadeth album United Abominations.

Can't go past Black Label Society either :super:
If I remember rightly you you lucky ******* have been to a ozzfest and seen Zakk in his prime :super:
Boozed broozed and broken boned.
Jayse

Couldn't agree More Jayse, the new Maiden and Deth albums are brilliant. Check out the new Machine Head album ...... dueling solos are back ! Now where is that old flying V of mine.............? <_<

Cheers Redgums :super:

Bit of chick punk but bloody good. Been trying to get these for a while.

X-Ray Spex - Germfree Adolescents
The Slits - Cut

Some good ska and reggae dub overtones on these ones. :beerbang:

Warren -

Had a couple of Kings of Leon cd's given to me the other day.
These guys are great!!!

Jayse - I drive a Valiant! What are you saying? :lol:

Bands [Favourite Songs]

Drowning Pool [Think, Step Up, Bodies, Sinner]

Linkin Park

Static X [So, The Only]

Deep Purple [Black Night, Smoke on the Water, Space Truckin', Emaretta]

Iron Maiden

In Flames [Evil in a Closet]

System of a Down

Dire Straits [Sultans of Swing!!!]

The Corrs

Warren Zavon

Megadeth

Bon Jovi

Nickelback

Audioslave

Wolfmother

Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

Also, a some bands to look into for people who like metal & industrial are 'Oomph!' and 'Rammstein'. Both German, both excellent. Look up Rammstein's 'Ich Will' and 'Du Hast' on youtube to get a check of their fantastic video clips - nice stuff, never seen anything like it.

Need my music dammit! :beerbang:

I'm at work and bored so here's a list of what I'm listening to at the moment:

Opeth
Blind Guardian
Primal Fear
Kamelot
Gamma Ray
Edguy
Avantasia I, II

:super:

Adam

Today was Led Zep III and Eric Claption & Freinds (circa 86 gig in London). Was painting, so all good.

Love Zep on occasion, really really get into it a couple of times per year.

Cheers - MIke

the trouble album and black rain by ozzy osbourne

Explosions In The Sky - "All OF A Sudden I Miss Everyone"

This album really is a thing of beauty.........

Today was Led Zep III and Eric Claption & Freinds (circa 86 gig in London). Was painting, so all good.
Love Zep on occasion, really really get into it a couple of times per year.

Cheers - MIke

Zep III is pure brilliance, depending what day it is its my fave album of theirs. I could type out a post a mile long now on it but I better not....maybe later :super:

Right now in the stereo here is Unearth - The oncoming storm, US metal band here in Adelaide in exactly one month touring when I'll be well and truelly Out on the tiles as bonzo would say.

Anyone going to the Black Sabbath heaven and hell gig by the way?

live_event_flyer_503692.jpg

I'll see you there Sam maybe catch up with you before the gig for warm up drinks :chug: . I'll more than liking be hanging in the bar during Down supporting if phil starts talking too much shit between songs as ussuall <_< :chug: and will have a few in there before that aswell. Not sure what I'am doing before doors open yet but I'll be up for some serious playing up.

The Mob Rules
Jayse

Haven't seen this thread pop up for a while so thought I would give a plug...

Anyone interested in blues must own CW Stoneking's King Hokum. Hard to get it out of my CD player at the moment. Go to his My Space for a sample.

Haven't seen this thread pop up for a while so thought I would give a plug...

Anyone interested in blues must own CW Stoneking's King Hokum. Hard to get it out of my CD player at the moment. Go to his My Space for a sample.

guy in my uni class played me some of that the other day - i asked him when was this recorded, like 1935? sounds just like charley patton!

guy in my uni class played me some of that the other day - i asked him when was this recorded, like 1935? sounds just like charley patton!

Man, this guy has it in spades. Twenty-something white boy from Australia sounds like an 80 year old blind black man from Mississippi.

CW Stoneking

(You read it first on AHB.)

Back