What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interpol's new one Our Love to Admire, bloody brilliant.

Also some old stuff from Swervedriver, Mescal Head, great driving music.

Heavy metal and homebrew just doesn't seem to go together :p !

C&B
TDA

ISIS!!!!

I've heard of them quite a while ago and went and picked up "In the absence of truth" and its awesome!!!

If you love your heavy, progressive metal you will love ISIS!

Heavy metal and homebrew just doesn't seem to go together :p !

Heavy metal is good... Power Metal is better!

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

agreed adam love power metal like syphoney x,dragon force,steel prophet,angel dust

i'm still stuck on the dark side of the moon, happily.

In my CD player right now is The Corps - Nail it Shut... kick arse aussie punk/rock, sounds like the ******* son of Motorhead, Rose Tattoo and Drop Kick Murphys but 100% Aussie so their songs are about our great country..

and Mutiny - Rum Rebellion, they are a Melbourne crust pirate punk band - "Folk Punk for Punk Folk"- again brilliant Aussie rock with songs about girls, beer, sunshine and queensland.

For more similar check out Sydney City Trash - Those boys sure know how to rock!

Also have tickets coming up for Queen- Champions of the World, Motorhead, Marilyn Manson and Nick Cave and Mad Sin/Zombie Ghost Train/SC TRash. Can you tell I'm somewhat obsessed with music?

Would love to go to the Megadeth show too but too much $$ and over booked :(

I heard Iron Maiden are touring in February too, had to go change my undies after that one was dropped on me!

Would love to go to the Megadeth show too but too much $$ and over booked

Got my ticket and can't wait. Your gunna go to manson and miss megadeth <_< :ph34r:

I heard Iron Maiden are touring in February too, had to go change my undies after that one was dropped on me!

Still not officially announced or set in stone yet, but it seems like it is gunna happen. They really are over due to come here and a lot of fans will be mighty angry if they don't.

Might see you at Megadeth Jayse, heard that Static X are supporting them. I saw Static X when they toured with Fear Factory. Was at an all ages Korn gig, full of kids, FF scared them shitless and Burton gave them shit the whole time! The youth of today hey? Can mosh to Korn but havent got a clue what to do when the double kick got too fast for them during FFs set.... hilarious!

Might have to get a few of Megadeths latest albums and finally take RIP put of the cars CD player....... air guitar and driving can be a bad combo....

Yeah frigging all ages shows:ph34r:
The machine head and arch enemy show is all ages and with trivium playing aswell every kid and his my chemical romance Tee shirt and pink fringe will be there. <_< If those emo kids don't slit there own wrists maybe us real metal fans can do it for them. ;)
They can go & watch trivium but they better get the hell out of the way while the real bands get up there. I bet they won't know the music but still wanna mosh or whatever it is they do and get in our way while we just want to listen and watch machine head and arch enemy.
I still look forward to trivium but not looking forward to the fans they have, it will be the same thing as you say with the korn fans getting a brutal slap in the face like the trivium fans will when arch enemy hit the stage.

As for the latest megadeth albums the latest United abominations is awesome but the few before that like risk, cryptic writings and the system has failed are not really all that......
United abominations though is in my list of best albums of the year so far.

to keep the rant going, ozzy's latest album is no good. If zakk had of sung all the songs and it was a black label album then it would be much much better.
Really half the songs sound like black label but without a great singer just ozzy doing some really poor attempt.............SHARON

best stop ranting now.

Boozed, broozed & broken boned.
Jayse

My brother is going to see Megadeth, well actually he is going to see Static-X and Lacuna Coil.

For those who don't know Static-X is pretty heavy, thrashy sort of metal, and Lacuna Coil is an Italian almost Gothic power metal band, female vocalist, keyboards, all that.

Both worth a listen I think. Can't say much for Megadeth though.

Finding it hard to get Foo Fighter's The Pretender outta my head ATM. What ballsy track. :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

Warren -

Really enjoying Wilco's 'sky blue sky'.
It really is the 'best album the Eagles never made'.

Finding it hard to get Foo Fighter's The Pretender outta my head ATM. What ballsy track. :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

Warren -

Not wrong there Warren. They can hardly put a foot wrong.

Another one stuck in my head ATM is 'The Angry Mob' - Kaiser Chiefs but I can't work out if it's there for the right reasons or it's just annoyingly catchy.

microbe

From The age here

No Adelaide gig but this is gunna be huge, there own Iron Maiden painted 757 with bruce as pilot, mid eigthies style set and songs. :super: :super: :super:

Iron Maiden to tour

September 6, 2007 - 12:58PM

Heavy metal band Iron Maiden is packing all its gear into a custom-designed jumbo jet and coming to Australia for the first time in 15 years with an '80s themed extravaganza.

The British rock veterans are embarking on a world tour next year, taking in Australia in February.

The Somewhere Back In Time tour will revisit the band's 32-year history, focusing mainly on the 1980s in song choice and stage set, based around the Egyptian production of the 1984-85 Powerslave Tour.

The tour includes stops in Perth, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, and the live show boasts giant pyramids and a cyborg version of their mascot Eddie the Head.

"We have been planning this for a few years and hoping to take it to Australia, so we are delighted that it has now worked out," bass player Steve Harris said.

"I would also like to say that we all are very grateful to our loyal fans in Oz who have kept the Maiden flag flying all these years and we are sorry to have disappointed you for so long."

It will be Iron Maiden's fourth Australian tour, having first visited in 1982, again in 1985 and most recently in 1992.

The band, their 60-strong crew and support staff, and more than 12 tonnes of equipment will travel around the world in a specially commissioned and converted Astraeus Boeing 757 plane decorated with Iron Maiden designs and Eddie the Head.

Lead singer Bruce Dickinson, who is a qualified airline captain with Astraeus Airlines, will pilot the plane around the world.

"We will be packing as much of the show into the plane as we possibly can for this first leg and intend to give the fans something very special to remember," Dickinson said.

"And it allows me to combine two of my greatest passions, music and flying."

Tickets go on sale at 9am on Thursday, September 27.

Iron Maiden's Somewhere Back In Time tour dates:
Perth - Burswood Dome, Monday, February 4
Melbourne - Rod Laver Arena, Wednesday, February 6
Sydney - Acer Arena, Saturday, February 9
Brisbane - Entertainment Centre, Tuesday, February 12

AAP

Jayse,

which show are you planning to go to?
When i heard the news my first thought was to get out of the contract for the house im about to buy and blow the deposit on a round oz trip to every show. I've calmed down a bit since then.

After 15 years of avoiding us i hope this oz tour isnt going to be as rare as hayleys comet.
Taking a look at maiden online club the other day. Those spoilt europeans gave me the shits. Whinging about minor things like having to see 3 maiden concerts that year with the same set list, or not actually getting backstage passes to one of the 20+ maiden concerts they've seen in their life.

Its definately gonna be huge! :super:

I'am still not 100% sure but either Melbourne or Sydney I reckon, still trying to come up with a plan.

Maybe take a car to melbourne or fly to either. For Sydney its only longish stones throw away from paddy's brewery which has hotel rooms and bar is open 24 hours on the weekends so thats a good option for after party then crash out maybe.

For melbourne I'am not sure of the brewpub/beer run down for drinking spots before and after so will have to do some research. Melbourne is a wednesday too so i'll to check out all the before and after party options and motel rooms.

Got 14 days before tix go on sale so hopefully work something out by then.

Back