What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My latest favourites on high rotation are Band of Horses and Midlake.

- Snow

Barry White - good on ya Browndog! Isn't he Kamahl's brother or something?

Rodriguez! Now we're talking. I reckon every one of his songs (from Cold Fact anyway) is brilliant. I have that whole album on the MP3 disc I listen to while working. Every other artist has no more than 2 songs.

He actually had 9 albums - must check out the others...

A Rodrequez fan base - magic. I thought I was one of the few. I think there was only two albums released in Australia - intially anyways. Then they brought out a compilation in the 80's. Now can only find Cold Fact and a compilation album. Have found him listed as Jesus Rodreguez and Sexto Rodreguez. Cover a heap of his songs with one of my garage bands.

mud

things i've been into lately

Charlie Parker live at Massie Hall with Mingus Roach Gillespie (the actual Dizzy Gillespie) and Powell - this is some of the greatest jazz, wow. i dance with my cat to this.
Melt banana - silly japanese spazzcore
Scorn - nasty 90s ambient dub
Son House - the greatest blues voice and a punisher of guitars
plus Black Dice, Boris, Art Ensemble of Chicago, nasty raw 1940s John Lee Hooker

so there

haha, well i might have extreme taste from you guys but i really like to listen to the following artists:

- Jason Mraz
- Bic Runga
- Phoenix
- Kings of convenience
- Jazz music
- Oasis
- the whitlams
and the list goes on...

but i do like the carpenters :) and some good oldies like Reunited, you are everything, etc

The Mark of Cain
Rollerball
Sabbath
Budgie
Fort
Monster Magnet
Daredevil
Alabama Thunderpussy
The Atomic Bitchwax
Bongzilla
Clutch
Rollins Band
SHeavy
Karma to Burn
Hy-test
Thumlok
Helmet
Nebula
Fu Manchu
Color Haze
Los Natas

have all been in the car or at home in the last few weeks..... most of these bands are really good laid back drinking music..... hot arvo's, metal, meat, fire and beers with mates

Found a couple of good bands on My Space lately too.. unsigned but not for long I reckon

Corn Fed Bruiser
Devil Rides Out Band

When you listen to music your whole working week, it's rare to accidentally come across something that strikes you and makes you want to hear more from the artist.

Have a listen to Regina Skeptor. Particularly her songs, 'Better,' and 'Fidelity.'

I love raw and powerful stuff like that. Be very surprised if she doesn't hit quite a few charts.

Some of her songs are a bit weird but you get that. LOL!

When you listen to music your whole working week, it's rare to accidentally come across something that strikes you and makes you want to hear more from the artist.

Have a listen to Regina Skeptor. Particularly her songs, 'Better,' and 'Fidelity.'

I love raw and powerful stuff like that. Be very surprised if she doesn't hit quite a few charts.

I think you mean regina spektor found her here

haha, well i might have extreme taste from you guys but i really like to listen to the following artists:

I think every person on here is different. That's the joy of music. I have a few friends who don't even really get into music at all. I couldn't imagine my life without music of some sort every single day.

For my part, my favourite favourite music at the moment is Vocal Trance:

DJ Doboy
GT v Project C
Armin Van Buuren

any of their trance or vocal trance mixes knock my socks off. Especially the ones with smooth female vocals in them.

Apart from this side of my musical favourites (which I must add would equate to about 80% of my daily listening) I am also very much a fan of:

Beatles
Placebo
Underworld
Everything But The Girl

Add onto that pretty much anything, except for HipHop (which I still really really can't stand, especially this new breed oz stuff), and you have me covered.

Bullet for my valantine .....trivum the crusade and the late great srv

I agree with your call on this lady - her songs made me sit up and listen.

In general - whatever's on JJJ

At the moment enjoying - Cold War Kids - 'We Used To Vacation' & the nonsensical - The Bees - 'Left Foot Stepdown'

Marley and the Wailers - No Woman, No Cry

preceded by Blondie - I'm on E

then C&C Music factory - Things that make U go Hmmm,
and
The Butthole Surfers with Pepper (Mountain mix)

"Marky got with Sharon. Then he got Sharee. She was sharin' Sharon's outlook on the topic of disease"
More songs queued up on the PC jukebox, finishing with Homebrew by Mr Floppy

"You can shove your Melbourne and you can shove your Vic. I've got a homebrew that'll make you sick.
It's ugly and cloudy, and it looks like p!ss. It's my homebrew. Oh joyful bliss". I think there's something in that for everyone.

Beerz
Seth - just another Thursday night :p

* Edit: Multiple careless spelling errors *

normally i just have my entire collection streaming randomly over my wireless network to my netgear mp101 on shuffle. right now for the first time in a while i searched out an album to play cause i haven't listened to it in a while.

caustic window - caustic window compilation.

(caustic window is one of the monikers richard d. james goes under, aka aphex twin)

Just got the new Bloc party cd yesterday... ripped to my mp3 player this morn and ready for some saturday overtime. Looking forward to getting Arcade Fire's new one from the dirt cheap shops in town!

Apart from that, I've just re-discovered FBI 94.5fm. Definitely a weird mix, but it's a good change from the J's as they tend to overplay songs.

these are my favs:

Matchbox 20,DMX, eminem, dr dre, ice cube, the game , 50 cent, d12, g-unit, ludacris, the fray,AFI,30 seconds to mars, hinder, meat loaf, linkin paRK
Nickelback
greenday
my chemical romance

worst ever band:LIMP BIZKIT

just picked up the 2-disc sordid sentinals reissue of the Pavement oldie "Wowee Zowie".

forgot how many great songs were on there. got a copy of a live 1994 show of theirs as well with effectively a best-of setlist.

Agree with you PP & Microbe about Regina Spektor. "Fidelity" is a very nice tune.

Jez

GUNS 'N ROSES!!!!!

WHERE THE HELL IS THE NEW :super: ALBUM!!!

Back