What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RAINBOW Rising from 1976.

Dio and Ritchie Blackmoore 2gether on what has to be one of the greatest metal albums of all time

Yeah, that's it. From memory Faith No More did War Pigs live, and 'someone' forgot the words to one of the verses?

Cheers Mike

Mike Patton is the dude from faith no more and he should be slaughtered for how he really slaughtered the vocal line in that performance. The faith no more studio version of war pigs on their album the real thing was great but he really shines as the biggest low point on this tribute album. Its like he's clowning around and not even trying on the tribute version.
The album itself is easily one, if not the best tribute album I have heard of any band.

RAINBOW Rising from 1976.

Dio and Ritchie Blackmoore 2gether on what has to be one of the greatest metal albums of all time

I'am a man on a silver mountain :super:
I love the version of long live rock'n'roll on the rock star movie, marky mark doesn't sing it but the rest of the people in the band steel dragon in the movie are the real musicians for the soundtrack. Zakk Wylde is the guitar player 'ghode'. Classic movie even if it is Marky mark from the funky bunch and Jennifer Aniston.

I'am not a huge blackmoore fan but think Ronnie James Dio is a metal god. :super:

Long live rock n roll.
Jayse

Mike Patton is the dude from faith no more and he should be slaughtered for how he really slaughtered the vocal line in that performance. The faith no more studio version of war pigs on their album the real thing was great but he really shines as the biggest low point on this tribute album. Its like he's clowning around and not even trying on the tribute version.
The album itself is easily one, if not the best tribute album I have heard of any band.

Yeah - and I've always rocked on to Patton - he's a bit of a legend. I reckon he was prob very off his tree when he did it.

The rest of the album is fantsastic - I'm trying to find a copy on the internerd right now1

Cheers - Mike

Yeah, that's it. From memory Faith No More did War Pigs live, and 'someone' forgot the words to one of the verses?

Cheers Mike

Patton has done that on most of the live versions that I've heard. It doesn't seem like one of his favourite songs to cover (nothing against the song btw. I quite like it)
I have a feeling you wouldn't appreciate the rendition FNM did on JJJ live at the wireless many years ago.. the whole band (except big Jim M) stopped playing & started messing around & yelling.. even the drummer. Jim was left playing the guitar by himself. All in good fun I think :)

My 19 month old eye eye oi oi acdc and Iron maiden

Has anyone heard the Immigrant song by Led Zepp thats been remixed the a dj called dirty funker?

Ive heard it a few times and it's really catchy, cant get it out of my head. Just wish i could get it on mp3 somewhere but i think its only for sale on vinyl

Stumbled across Eric Burdon's newie "Soul Of A Man" ...

Not bad at all!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

Warren -

Cheers Mike

Patton has done that on most of the live versions that I've heard. It doesn't seem like one of his favourite songs to cover (nothing against the song btw. I quite like it)
I have a feeling you wouldn't appreciate the rendition FNM did on JJJ live at the wireless many years ago.. the whole band (except big Jim M) stopped playing & started messing around & yelling.. even the drummer. Jim was left playing the guitar by himself. All in good fun I think :)

Don't you love it. I just threw in "The Real Thing" in my cd wallet this morning for something different. Found this thread this morning and up pops one of my favourite coversongs ever! A brilliant take on a brilliant song... not that I'm an Iron Maiden fan.

What's great is when my cd collection is fueled by all the apprentices that circulate through our section at work. Never thought i'd be so into punk, dance and elmo music. (Elmo sounds so much better than EMO!).

Snipped>

I'm after a copy of the Black Sabbath tribute album, released somewhere in the mid-90's - but can't rememer the name? Looking at the lists of what people are listening to, it can't be far away!

Theres quite a few tribute to sab albums but the one your talking about would be 'Nativity in Black' absolutely freaking unreal album. :super:

Alcohol fueled brewtality
Jayse

Cheers Mike

i just got hold of two other sabbth tribute albums - an earache tribute "masters of misery" with cathedral godflesh etc and a great industrial techno version of "the wizard" by scorn. and "sabbatum" a medieval tribute album on medieval instruments!! which is kind of weird.
up the sabbath

Angels - Face to Face in the car!
It makes the trip to and from work so much quicker...

Had my kids rocking out to System of a Down, Tool, White Stripes and the remix of Wolfmother Woman by MSTRCRFT over dinner tonight.

They love when Dad is in charge :p

Doc

A beer for the passing of Syd Barrett :(

Shine on you Crazy Diamond. :beer:

Warren -

Johnny Cash. America V - A Hundred Highways

Tool's 10,000 Days has momentarily left the stereo (since it's realease) for some heavy nostalgia:

Pantera - The Great Southern Tread Kill

I'm just developed a whole new appreciation for this album. Even if you're not in heavy metal you'd have to agree the guitar work is brilliant! The drumming is tight as!

RIP Dimebag

:super:

Cog, Butterfly Effect, Tool and A.F.I are constant faves on my work pc. Nice dark tunes to get me through a happy day in the office.

blood sugar sex magik by the chili peppers, and my metal faves meshuggah, dillinger, and opeth help me get thru the day.
if im feeling a bit crazy it whack on some squarepusher or vsnares...not what youd call easy listening though, if im feeling extra whacky itll be one of mike pattons crazy projects, big on fantomas at the moment too...

i can't stop listening to the grates. awesome chick rock.

Latest posts

Back