What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lullabies to paralyze: Queens of the Stone Age.

tracks 9 and 10 are the high light.

Sing A Song of sixpence
45 Songs, Stories and Nursey Rhymes.

Top Stuff.

johnno said:
Sing A Song of sixpence
45 Songs, Stories and Nursey Rhymes.

Top Stuff.
[post="124414"][/post]​

So you've got kids then too :excl:

Brauluver said:
KYUSS, And the circus leaves town.(bass to blow ya speakers)
[post="124129"][/post]​

Hell yeah! I'm listening to Sky Valley.

The Grates (from Brisbane) new album. They entertained me well at the Big Day Out this year, so I thought I'd buy their album in appreciation.

Also have "GG Allin - Banned in Boston" in the car, and TISM - www.TISM.wanker.com" + the bonus TISM CD "Faulty Pressing - do not manufacture".

I need to get another HDD for my computer, so I can put my music back on there (bloody Seagate replacement HDD. Don't get me started).

I need to get out my DK stuff and listen again, and DOA, GBH, Exploited, NWA and the vinyl assortment, too.

Seth :p

Looks as though there are more than a few metalheads here.

Lost the taste for it in the late 70's.

From that era, though...

The Who, Pink Floyd, Blind Faith, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors...etc, etc... :super:

I sometimes like the mellow tunes too...Eagles, Supertramp, Bob Dylan...

And more recently...Red Hot Chili Peppers, Radiohead, The Verve...

There's two kinds of music, good and bad. Even the good bands can't hit home runs every single time......unless they are led zeppelin!

Alcohol fueled brewtality
Jayse

Weizguy said:
The Grates (from Brisbane) new album. They entertained me well at the Big Day Out this year, so I thought I'd buy their album in appreciation.

Seth :p
[post="124524"][/post]​

My daughter bought this album and I have to say it is pretty bloody good!

Currently listening to the new Built To Spill CD, You in Reverse and After The Falls new one.

Have never been able to get interested in Metal :blink: !

C&B
TDA

Mark Sholtez and Johhny Legend are both quality artists.
easy listening music.

tomahawk - mit gas, the dillinger escape plan - irony is a dead scene, general patton vs the x-ecutioners & anything else patton (hanging out for the peeping tom release)

other faves - trans am, mogwai, squarepusher, pendulum, soul coughing, mgf, mr bungle, the bird, ubin, asain dub foundation, beck, janes addiction, dj zinc, the hard ons, meanies, kyuss, budd, radiohead, avalanches, you am i, david holmes, amon tobin, regurgitator, tool, the third eye foundation, dj shadow...

The Hilltop Hoods are big on my CD player ATM.
Anybody who caught them on their Hardroad tour recently will know what I'm talking about.
These guy's know how to get a party started!
Foo Fighters, Jeff Buckley and Audioslave also get a thorough thrashing.
Gotta' get me listen to the new Grates albumn as well.

Slurpdog said:
The Hilltop Hoods are big on my CD player ATM.
Anybody who caught them on their Hardroad tour recently will know what I'm talking about.

the hard road album is great :) it's the 1st hoods album i've owned & was on constant rotation on my ipod a few weeks back.. good stuff. I havent seen them live yet but I am keen :beerbang:

Beers

Saw the Hoods at their gig at the Roundhouse at Sydney Uni and they went off.
Can't wait for the next tour! :beerbang:

Have something to rave about here, once in awhile a album comes along thats great music with the total fun grin factor.

Imagine what would happen if the outlaw country music singer David Allen Coe got together with the cowboys from hell (pantera's Dime, vinnie and rex) well you get Rebel Meets Rebel.

Only just released after years in the making and many moons since the fatal shooting of dime by a completely deranged so called fan this album simply Called 'Rebel meets Rebel' is the ultimate and unique country outlaw meets the kings of metal. Not the complete weak arse James hetfield meets garth brooks popular nonsense either, this stuff rocks. Both sides (D.A.C & CFH) seem to fit perfectly without having to change there style all that much to fit together to make this southern american style rock influenced album with the metal meets outlaw country tough as hell edge. Heres a clip

I love it and dimes playing is unbloody real, I'd rate this better than the damage plan album. Showcasing what a real master and unique talent dime was.
This is one god damn unreal album and as cliff burton would have said you "abso'muther(four letter word)ing'lutetly" have to hear it.

RIP Dimebag FOREVER.

I heard 3 tracks from the new "TOOL" album 2 day,Wicked.
has anyone else heard /bought it yet and what do you think?
Hope they tour oz on the back of this album.

10,000 Days is unbelievable! What an epic through composed journey!

And then there is the artwork............best album art ever!! :super:

I'm hoping they'll be here is Oz around Aug/Sep as they are in Japan early-mid August. So far their tour dates end there but I'd imagine they'll be here towards the end of the year. They sold out in Sydney @ The Entertainment Centre the last two times they were here (2001 & 2002 i think) so they'd have to come back......................well thats what I keep telling myself :D

They are amazing live too! Best concerts ever! :super:

Galactaphonic Tumble weed..

Hidden track @ the end is a wicked cover of Interstellar Overdrive by Pink Floyd

Jayse you might like to know you have converted me (sort of!!) - after always seeing you saying how great Black Label are my Mrs found a couple of mp3's on one of those share programs (which I wont mention). I had a listen, loved it - hehe - and went out n bought "Stronger Than Death" - it was the only one I could find - but its a pretty good cd!! :beerbang:

Back