What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drum and Bass - Andy C, Noisia, Roni Size, Breakbeat Era, Omni Trio, LTJ Bukem and loads more

Breaks - Tipper, Stanton Warriors

Hip Hop - Nas, Dre, Biggie, Snoop, Mos Def, Def of sound, Beastie Boys

Alternative - Pearl Jam and Soundgarden

Jazz - Myles Davies B)

Rock - ACDC, Led Zep, Rolling Stones, Nirvana, GNR

Dub / Regaee - Fat freddys drop, kora. Bob Marley, Fugees

Also like many other types of music and artists, way too many to mention. I just love music in general.

Megadeth countdown to extinsion ,,,rust in peace

kamelot :the black halo

B0000AZJXQ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

GUNS 'N ROSES!!!!!

WHERE THE HELL IS THE NEW :super: ALBUM!!!

I hear the release date is sometime in April... 2034. Should be cutting edge stuff.

The latest rumors are they have finally finished recording, being as that took 10 years or so I expect the mixing down will take another 10 then the mastering then axl will say its no good then they start again with a whole new band, then......anyway about 2034 sounds about right.

Seriously though rumors ATM are its due out in the next month or so. 'chinese democracy'.

just picked up the 2-disc sordid sentinals reissue of the Pavement oldie "Wowee Zowie".

forgot how many great songs were on there. got a copy of a live 1994 show of theirs as well with effectively a best-of setlist.

Agree with you PP & Microbe about Regina Spektor. "Fidelity" is a very nice tune.

Jez

Great stuff Jez,

have seen Pavement a few times live and they still remain one of my favourite bands.

C&B
TDA

A compilation tape, from a friend.

Baccara with "Yes sir , I can boogie". and some other notables from the last few decades. Nancy Sinatra with "These boots were made 4 walking". and the classic rock pieces: "The Ace of Spades" by Motorhead; and the Dead Kennedys with "too intoxicated to fornicate".

Recently, Ive been listening to GG Allin and the Antiseen - "Murder Junkies". Don't worry, it's more bizarre than it sounds. GG Allin does some of his poetry. It's very dark and bizarre. Not like Lydia Lunch, tho'.

Seth out (time for #8 from the NSW Xmas case). Bierz :beer:

currently Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun, ironically just finished whirlpool'in & about to pump a dbl green pa into 2 cubes for no-chillin.

also had the cure & wrench on earlier for something different.
apc is also a good brewing music. rock'on Brauluver !

Chemical Brothers atm...
"Come With Us"

Also been listening to Butterfingers new album, and the Herd.

Great stuff B)

Recently, Ive been listening to GG Allin and the Antiseen - "Murder Junkies". Don't worry, it's more bizarre than it sounds. GG Allin does some of his poetry. It's very dark and bizarre. Not like Lydia Lunch, tho'.

saw a GG Allin documentary from a torrent a while back & he certainly was a strange dude.

start of the doco was apparently an a-typical show for him where he came out to a packed house in the nude, on the way to the stage punched some of the crowd in the head then did a poop on the floor and started chasing people with it :blink:

The show was shut down by the police shortly after.

It also included a tape of his hour long appearance on Jerry Springer. He was surprisingly coherent and quite eloquent in talking about censorship & art (and didn't poop once or get nude :D ).

Jez

Gunners to tour after 14 years
It's been 14 years since his last visit, but notorious bad boy of rock, Axl Rose, is still likely to rock up a storm when he heads to Australia for Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy World Tour in June. Gunners fans are in for one hell of a ride when the headbanging eight piece band return to Australia for a national arena tour. More than two decades after unleashing singles It's So Easy and Welcome To the Jungle, the hard rock American group will return to Australia for the first time since their legendary performances in 1993. With tickets going on sale on April 26, the hard rock musicians will begin their national tour in Perth on June 10, before playing in Adelaide, Melbourne, Brisbane and wrapping up at Sydney's Acer Arena on June 23.--AAP

Gunners to tour after 14 years
It's been 14 years since his last visit, but notorious bad boy of rock, Axl Rose, is still likely to rock up a storm when he heads to Australia for Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy World Tour in June. Gunners fans are in for one hell of a ride when the headbanging eight piece band return to Australia for a national arena tour. More than two decades after unleashing singles It's So Easy and Welcome To the Jungle, the hard rock American group will return to Australia for the first time since their legendary performances in 1993. With tickets going on sale on April 26, the hard rock musicians will begin their national tour in Perth on June 10, before playing in Adelaide, Melbourne, Brisbane and wrapping up at Sydney's Acer Arena on June 23.--AAP

AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :super: :super: :super: :super:

c'mon guys. surely you're kidding.

talk about the ultimate nostalgia show.

As much as I love G'N'R circa 1988 to 1993 I've got absolutely zero desire to see a bloated & botoxed Axl fronting his current hand-picked tribute band.

as for the new songs --- get ready for plenty of 9 minute soppy ballads from what I've heard (which was admittedly a good quality bootleg from their rock in rio performance a few years back where they played a few new ones).

Save yourself the $120-odd dollar ticket price instead of lining Axl's pocket with MORE money.

Jez

Audioslave, Perfect Circle, The Fray, Imogen Heap & 30 seconds to Mars. Not to mention the ritual playings of Tool- undertow and Pink Floyd - dark side of the moon and a bit of Judas Priest.
Gotta keep hold of the classics. :D

Malnourished's new avatar reminded me of what a great album it is:

Ultramagnetic MC's - "Critical Beatdown"

Kool Keith rapping at his existential best :beerbang:

Absolute rap classic

Jez

who cares about Axl? (Velvet Revolver!)
is Slash gonna blow my mind or be a bit old and sloppy?

Audioslave, Perfect Circle, The Fray, Imogen Heap & 30 seconds to Mars. Not to mention the ritual playings of Tool- undertow and Pink Floyd - dark side of the moon and a bit of Judas Priest.
Gotta keep hold of the classics. :D
"The Fray" are the worst band around at the moment. I wish the radio stations would stop playing their songs. Booorrring!!!

c'mon guys. surely you're kidding.

talk about the ultimate nostalgia show.

As much as I love G'N'R circa 1988 to 1993 I've got absolutely zero desire to see a bloated & botoxed Axl fronting his current hand-picked tribute band.

as for the new songs --- get ready for plenty of 9 minute soppy ballads from what I've heard (which was admittedly a good quality bootleg from their rock in rio performance a few years back where they played a few new ones).

Save yourself the $120-odd dollar ticket price instead of lining Axl's pocket with MORE money.

Jez
Keep an open mind Jez. You may be suprised. Have you ever seen Axl doing November Rain live? Can't be missed. Should be an awsome show.

Latest posts

Back