What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:) Time to drag this thread up again to see what every one is listenin to.

I am rockin out to a disc i discovered @ the library a week ago.

QUEENSRYCHE "the warning"

Its the ultimate 80's metal/cockrock sound(1984) from the cover, to the band shot on the sleeve(mega big hair,spandex and leather)to the choir boy voice of the singer and all the fat/fancy guitar leads, keyboards and riffs.
This is pure old school metal indulgence. :super:

Kentucky Headhunters
Ricochet
Saywer Brown

Well after 15yrs of active service the CD player went out with the garbage this morning. Back to vinyl on the ol' Rega Planar 3 for a while.

Some favourites:
The Who - Who's Next? (import)
BB King - Live at Cook County Jail (import)
Howling Wolf - Rocking Chair Album (import)
Blind Faith - Self Titled
Christy Moore - Whatever Tickles Your Fancy
Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited
Led Zep - Led Zep. (#1)
Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
Ed Kuepper - Everybody's Got To
The Saints - (I'm) Stranded

Peter

I guess I will be listening to U2 cd's for a little while longer. They just cancelled the Oz leg of their tour.
Big time bummer, but at least I am not living next door to Wadey & listening to that old time stuff!
Cheers
Gerard

Gerard_M said:
I guess I will be listening to U2 cd's for a little while longer. They just cancelled the Oz leg of their tour.
Big time bummer, but at least I am not living next door to Wadey & listening to that old time stuff!
Cheers
Gerard
[post="113546"][/post]​

!@#$ING what? why? .....spewing i was really looking forward to it.

Cheers Busboy your right i just read, postponed due to sickness in "the edges" family.

That is a bummer, we were in for the first show on the Friday night. They'll probably reschedule for a Monday night now...

Cheers.

Peter Wadey said:
Well after 15yrs of active service the CD player went out with the garbage this morning. Back to vinyl on the ol' Rega Planar 3 for a while.

Some favourites:
The Who - Who's Next? (import)
BB King - Live at Cook County Jail (import)
Howling Wolf - Rocking Chair Album (import)
Blind Faith - Self Titled
Christy Moore - Whatever Tickles Your Fancy
Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited
Led Zep - Led Zep. (#1)
Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
Ed Kuepper - Everybody's Got To
The Saints - (I'm) Stranded

Peter
[post="113538"][/post]​

I received a nice CD player and turntable when I finished Year 12. My first vinyl which was given to me (and I must stress that part):

Tina Turner's Greatest Hits :blink:

Public Image Limited "Compact disc"

Its their best i'd say, Steve Vai takes lead guitar on this one, say no more...

Gerard wrote:
but at least I am not living next door to Wadey & listening to that old time stuff!

Hey, I'm progressive. I'll have you know I know quite a few Wiggles songs.

Wad

deftones - around the fur

i get my wiggles fix when visiting nieces & nephews ...

Ricky Gervais podcasts.

very funny.

Peter Wadey said:
Hey, I'm progressive. I'll have you know I know quite a few Wiggles songs.

Wad
[post="113683"][/post]​
As a stay at home Dad I can safely say that I know the words to every Wiggles song, & the steps to some of the dances!
Cheers
Gerard

Gerard_M said:
As a stay at home Dad I can safely say that I know the words to every Wiggles song, & the steps to some of the dances!
Cheers
Gerard
[post="113723"][/post]​
Only some of the dances? Youre not trying :D Everybody clap...

I reckon I've only got another year of the wiggles to put up with. The youngest is just starting to loose interest.

Currently working my way through 20GB of mp3s at the moment. Its what you might call an ecclectic collection.

Cheers
Dave

Airgead thats quite impressive! How many songs does that equate to?

I have only 5GB, most of mine are about 128kps too which really does degrade the quality!

Kramer said:
Airgead thats quite impressive! How many songs does that equate to?

I have only 5GB, most of mine are about 128kps too which really does degrade the quality!
[post="113789"][/post]​

The media library comes to 4189 individual tracks by 242 artists and come from 495 albums. Thats 12 days, 4 hours, 24 minutes and 11 seconds without having to listen to the same song twice. Most are at 192 or higher.

And that doesn't count podcasts.

And I still have a bunch of CDs at home that I haven't ripped yet.

Cheers
Dave

Iron maiden the greatest of all time, greatest song 'Fear of the Dark- live version If your a fan of black sabbath, chech out geezer butler's (bassist from B.S) side band 'Geezer' only one album released I know of called "Black Science"

First post for me. hopefully more to come. great forums for someone who's just started brewing.

cheers

Whew! Just read through the whole topic!
I was surprised no one has given Pearl Jam a mention... Probably my favourite modern band... Can play a rockin, energetic, upbeat song or they are just as good with the slow ballady stuff. Alice In Chains I'd put into this category as well!
Other older bands worth a mention would have to be Cold Chisel (everyone has yelled out the chorus of Khe Sahn in a drunken stupor at some point or another), Dire Straits, ZZ Top, CCR.
But with the newer stuff... can't go past Metallica, Pantera, earlier Korn stuff etc :super:

Latest posts

Back