What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prog fest going on (I know, who would have thunk it?) while brewing a Golden ale.

Ayreon's The Human Equation during the mash, then 01011001 for the boil and cleanup.

Crazy dutchman loves messing with your head.

"Jesus is my nigga and son of the original G."

"Let his love pop a cap in yo' ass."

Awesome.

The new Drones record is pretty disappointing.

Long, dreary song after long, dreary song.

Dave70 said:
Have you exercised the cringe muscles in your face today?

Give it till 36 seconds an you will.

http://youtu.be/Kppx4bzfAaE
Well I'll be damned. According to their rapping, probably.

My guess is that they don't live in a neighbourhood with a lot of non-caucasans. I am thinking not Harlem.

I like to dust off Helmet albums every now and then, gets any dust off my speakers as well. I always loved them because they did not have some stupid image-related gimmick like bands have to, maybe I was their target market.

I am also seeing Nick Cave in a couple of days. Last time I saw him it was phenomenal, so I am looking forward to it.

As for real rapping, I have been listening to a lot of classic PMD and the ever-criminally-underrated Camp-lo.

This has alerted me to the existence of new material done with Pete Rock, oh baby.

Last edited by a moderator:
bum said:
The new Drones record is pretty disappointing.

Long, dreary song after long, dreary song.
When were the drones anything but?

Never been a fan.

Speaking of disappointing, has anyone here ever listened to Mick Harvey do his solo stuff? As interesting as letting Mary Whitehouse make the the DVD choice for the evening.

Can't stop listening to Swans at the moment - my close to favourite track is currently playing. Helpless Child (live) from Swans are Dead live double.

Epic track, still reeling from seeing them live again a couple of weekends ago.

Live:

Recorded:

[media=youtube]g7Gg-DqFIkM[/media] <---- can't make this one link for some reason

For the occassonal break I have been listening to Rumanian folk music, In Gowan Ring, Nathan Hollywood and bits of einsturzende neubauten (also seen live recently and what a cracker of a gig that was).

manticle said:
When were the drones anything but?
First two whole albums. The third had its dreary moments but that was thematically sound with the whole colonial Australia theme and everything. I can't see albums 4 and 5 getting more than the single spin they've each had. So bad.

I'll have another listen but Drones have never done it for me.

Big fan of many other spooky related bands

First one might be the best bet, I think.

LLoyd Spiegal for me tonight- youngest daughter is 18 today - hardcore indie stuff in the bar. Lloyd Spiegal - Timber and Steel for me on the head phones.

Melvins: See how pretty, see how smart.

**** yeah.

Amon Amarth

By Odin's beard! I have no idea what has happened to me lately.

Yeah, doesn't seem right....You got the spelling right?
I been listening to Trash Talk, crusty HC done proper. Like this:

devil driver beast.actually quite good dunno why ive put off listening to these guys.

Back