What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont think i have really listened to it by i do have opiate?

fish13 said:
yes H.

Being stoned listening tool is ******* wired

fish13 said:
i dont think i have really listened to it by i do have opiate?
9quko0.jpg

Having a day off work today, are we Fish?

:lol:

The song 10 000 day/wings for marie Pt2 is one of the best things they've done. Tension on a grand scale.
Right in 2 live was my pick from the last tour.
Lateralus is a titan of an album.

For me I find it hard to rank aenema/lateralus/10000 days. They're all so different to each other but all incredible in their own regards. I find opiate/undertow a much different kettle of fish but still great albums which I listen to quite regularly.

Depending upon my mood, that will determine how they are ranked. Lately, I've been into more of my prog music, which I think 10,000 trumps with rosetta stoned and right in two. For pure raw energy, id be listening to aenema. For a mix of the two, I would be listening to lateralus.

You could argue that any of those albums could be more proggy than another for example lateralus (song) and third eye is much more proggy then say the pot or vicarious.

Either way, I'm a little excited to be seeing them again this year and will continue to listen them on any given day.

It was becoming apparent toward's the end of Unleashed, Maynard's goals have shifted somewhat.
He's a smart fucker. Good for him.

mjk_m-8x6.jpg

My Tool tickets arrived in the mail today
Off to Brisbane on 6th May.
I saw them many years ago at the ANU.
I think it will be a little bit different this time. :D

new Kvelertak

[media]https://soundcloud.com/roadrunner-australia/sets/kvelertak-meir[/media]

Dave70 said:
It was becoming apparent toward's the end of Unleashed, Maynard's goals have shifted somewhat.
He's a smart fucker. Good for him.

mjk_m-8x6.jpg
Can't have changed too much...he still paintballs people who trespass on his land :lol:

Not really a wine drinker but want to try his wines

WarmBeer said:
9quko0.jpg

Having a day off work today, are we Fish?

:lol:

3 day weekend!! have done 3 weeks of 5 day 12 hour days so i was looking forward to my 4 day weekends.

Not looking forward to this weekend though as i have a funeral to go to.

WarmBeer said:
\

Regardless, all other Tool albums are leagues behind the majesty of Lateralus.

Still Aenima is awesome ****... listen again.

Re-arrange the tracks of Lateralus in to the Fibonacci sequence and you will will find the album flows flawlessly... just sayin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cocko said:

Re-arrange the tracks of Lateralus in to the Fibonacci sequence and you will will find the album flows flawlessly... just sayin.

Mind Blown
UmpOi.gif

NP.......Kvelertak.
If these guys screamed in broken English, they could release their own wine or something.

Cocko said:

the full album as the 'holy gift' arrangement.

I've listened to it a few times before that way and I will admit, I think it makes for an even better album.

I disagree, & think it's tool fanbois getting excited about nothing.

disposition/reflection/triad shouldn't be split up, neither should eon blue / the patient - they've always played them as one sequence/piece live.

Danny stated that the album was was built around one song - disposition/reflection/triad.

Disposition/reflection/triad I agree shouldn't be split up, similarly with eon blue and patient, which is where I think the downfall of that theory is.

I think my main preference with it is the transition between schism, ticks and leeches and lateralus.

That may or may not be because those are incredible songs and hearing them in a row adds for an incredible experience for the ears and always excited me when they came on after each other.

Either way, its an incredible album none the less. For most listenings ive stuck to the original album, but don't mind a little mix up every now and again.

Latest posts

Back