What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been listening to mars volta's bedlam in goliath far too many times in the last fortnight.

By far and away my favourite MV album, and one of my all time favourite prog albums.

sponge said:
Been listening to mars volta's bedlam in goliath far too many times in the last fortnight.

By far and away my favourite MV album, and one of my all time favourite prog albums.
What have...you bought....for my appetite?
Amazing Album. Does your version have the bonus Candy and a Currant Bun?

Chunkious said:
What have...you bought....for my appetite?
Amazing Album. Does your version have the bonus Candy and a Currant Bun?
Thats a negative ghost rider. is it worth obtaining somehow?

Going by the question, im definitely thinking that will be a yes.

WarmBeer said:
Prog fest going on (I know, who would have thunk it?) while brewing a Golden ale.

Ayreon's The Human Equation during the mash, then 01011001 for the boil and cleanup.

Crazy dutchman loves messing with your head.
I've been having another listen to the human equation again recently.

Definitely a good album, but just not proggy enough for my likings. My flame suit is on, but I find It's just like a dream theatre album with less timing changes and less movement on the instruments.

James LaBrie really does do a good job on the album though.

People often say 'I like their old stuff better'. In Nick Cave's case, I like his 1984 to 1996 stuff. So kind of mid range stuff. Pretty much when he was a smacky.

Anyways, lets cheer up with some catchy synth-pop / Turkish fusion.

http://youtu.be/L03PJeB38dI

Dave70 said:
People often say 'I like their old stuff better'. In Nick Cave's case, I like his 1984 to 1996 stuff. So kind of mid range stuff. Pretty much when he was a smacky.
Yes. I expressed this EXACT sentiment on him. At gig I took a piss when it got to safe piano time. From Her to Eternity and Jack the Ripper were standouts for me. There was just such an intensity to that early stuff. Ed: I know he is probably stick of playing old material, but I wished he played Tupelo & Do You Love Me.

Like Danzig Thirteen, I think Cash sort of owns The Mercy Seat a bit.

We have a new girl at work who's name is so close to Deanna :)

Bizier said:
Yes. I expressed this EXACT sentiment on him. At gig I took a piss when it got to safe piano time. From Her to Eternity and Jack the Ripper were standouts for me. There was just such an intensity to that early stuff. Ed: I know he is probably stick of playing old material, but I wished he played Tupelo & Do You Love Me.

Like Danzig Thirteen, I think Cash sort of owns The Mercy Seat a bit.

We have a new girl at work who's name is so close to Deanna :)
Big fan of so much Nick Cave stuff from boys next door through to boatman's call. Everything else (including grinderman) I find quite ordinary but I don't blame him. He makes music, I like some of it. He made music for years that I liked, now I'm not so into what he makes but it's neither his fault or mine.

Same with many bands - loved 20 odd years of the cure, can't stand much from the last ten years. Doesn't mean any of the albums I loved for so long need to lose anything.

manticle said:
Big fan of so much Nick Cave stuff from boys next door through to boatman's call. Everything else (including grinderman) I find quite ordinary but I don't blame him. He makes music, I like some of it. He made music for years that I liked, now I'm not so into what he makes but it's neither his fault or mine.

Same with many bands - loved 20 odd years of the cure, can't stand much from the last ten years. Doesn't mean any of the albums I loved for so long need to lose anything.

Yep. I feel this way every time I listen to 10,000 Days. It gets a pass with me because it's Tool, that's it.

With a grand total of 4 studio albums in the last 15 years, Tool fanciers aren't exactly flushed with options however.

Dave70 said:
Yep. I feel this way every time I listen to 10,000 Days. It gets a pass with me because it's Tool, that's it.

With a grand total of 4 studio albums in the last 15 years, Tool fanciers aren't exactly flushed with options however.
10,000 Days > Aenima

Let the flame war begin!

WarmBeer said:
10,000 Days > Aenima

Let the flame war begin!
stinkfist>the pot

prison sex > vicarious

therefore

Aenima > 10000 days

Dave70 said:
completely agree.
fish13 said:
stinkfist>the pot

prison sex > vicarious

therefore

Aenima > 10000 days
(prison sex is on undertow)

the guitar tone and drum sound on aenima are superior to 10,000.
and nothing on 10,000 days comes close to 3rd eye.
H and Pushit are excellent tunes as well. in sum, **** 10,000 d.

sorry meant hooker with a penis.

Although Sober is an awesome song form undertow.

Maybe undertow=aenima>10 000 days

yes H.

Being stoned listening tool is ******* wired

Aenima, a collection of good songs. Overt themes, appealing to angsty emo teens. "Hooker with a penis" was self fulfilling prophesy, not a satire.

Not saying that 10,000 Days is their best album, just that I find Aenima to be their weakest.

Regardless, all other Tool albums are leagues behind the majesty of Lateralus.

Latest posts

Back