What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last day before semester starts, bottling two batches and putting down another.

So far:

Milled grains to Brutal Truth - Sounds of the animal kingdom

Mashed in and began bottle wash to Biohazard - Kill or be killed (first time, picked it up for $5 - regrettable lyrics but musically the best they'd done since Urban Discipline)

Currently heating sparge water to Nachtmystium - Instinct: decay

But fear not, this will all be equalled out to Dwight Yoakam and Frank Zappa once noon rolls around and I crack a beer and mellow out haha
New brutal truth in a few months :beerbang: If it's half as good as evolution through revolution I'll be a happy man

Yoakham and Zappa. Does that mean your collection is alphabetised? I'm considering sorting mine chronologically.

HAHAH - yes, but that was not the reasoning behind it!!!

New brutal truth in a few months :beerbang: If it's half as good as evolution through revolution I'll be a happy man

:beerbang: JLM, did you get the last Damaged album with kevin Sharp on vox? My fave Australian band and one of my fave vocalists....I was in a band a million years ago and our last shows were on the Kevin Sharp-Damaged tour and they were awesome live.

Now I am 4 pints in, one batch bottled, started on the second, mash and boil went well - I chucked in some extra homegrown cascade as my Motueka was %8 or something so I needed to adjust Tonys additions...and I love experiments and care not a jot for reproducing the same beer.

I actually slipped in Lamb of God ashes of the wake and 2 podcasts from the brewing network.

Edit: if you haven't already, then check out the brewing network, can you brew it, Avery Maharaja as it is a %7 Imperial IPA that they brew over %9 and are ******* smashed by the end of it.

HAHAH - yes, but that was not the reasoning behind it!!!

:beerbang: JLM, did you get the last Damaged album with kevin Sharp on vox? My fave Australian band and one of my fave vocalists....I was in a band a million years ago and our last shows were on the Kevin Sharp-Damaged tour and they were awesome live.

Now I am 4 pints in, one batch bottled, started on the second, mash and boil went well - I chucked in some extra homegrown cascade as my Motueka was %8 or something so I needed to adjust Tonys additions...and I love experiments and care not a jot for reproducing the same beer.

I actually slipped in Lamb of God ashes of the wake and 2 podcasts from the brewing network.
Yeah, Damaged were one on my favorites. I bought donotspit from the local chandler's back when I was in about grade 10, would be like going into HMV or something today and finding the grind section.......
On that tour Kevin Sharp did some vocals for local punk (now) institution Mouthguard (who I'll be onstage for the first time in about 10 years as a support for in Nov.). They were recording while he was in town and they hit him up and he went in and did the job. Legend.

The recent Wall: Live thread has made me dig up Pink Floyd: The wall.

Pretentious though it may be on many levels, it's still fantastically written and put together.

Next up Fintroll: Nattfodd then I think I'll try and find Pink Floyd: animals to continue the nostalgia

Can i go back and be 17 again???

enemaofthestate.jpg

Atrium Carceri: Kapnobatai

From a different album but an indication of the sound:

and

Last edited by a moderator:
Spent the day with the stereo on, started with nirvana: nevermind, then motley cre shout at the devil, bit of Bon jovi, bit more nirvana (this time unplugged), then tool: opiate. Had to cull it when swmbo wanted to watch Harry potter, wtf, I'd rather chill out with tunes, even though I do like the movies, its no match for music

sick as a dog with the flu stayed in bed all day & worked right through my Pink Floyd collection some of the stuff they did in the 60s really shows how f*#%ed up musos can get on drugs & still put out amazing albums

some of the stuff they did in the 60s really shows how f*#%ed up musos can get on drugs & still put out amazing albums

For further evidence see Scott Wieland with Stone Temple Pilots and then with Velvet Revolver.
Some musicians should have a licence to take heroin, because they suck while sober.

For further evidence see Scott Wieland with Stone Temple Pilots and then with Velvet Revolver.
Some musicians should have a licence to take heroin, because they suck while sober.

Dunno if you saw them out here recently but **** me, it was the best show I'd seen in years.

I went to the encore gig at the Metro here in Sydney and Weiland was a flat out rockstar.

Conjunctivitis and Tonsilitis. Feeling like crap. Just set up for an AG Dunkelweizen tomorrow. Relax. Do something. relax. do something. And the warm sun is welcome.
edit: oops. Thought this was the off topic thread. Oh well. Music wise, I'll probably be lazy and stick the mp3's on shuffle. Too easy.

Anal C**t
It just gets worse.

I don't really listen to them so much as much as read the lyrics as Seth Putnam screams. Its garbage, but it gives me a laugh.

"I Got an Office Job for the Sole Purpose of Sexually Harassing Women" being one of their less controversial tracks.

Just cleaned a metric assload of bottles to Mars Ill and some other hip hop.
Now I'm chilling on the deck with a book, a beer, and my laptop with A Day to Remember.

Anal C**t
It just gets worse.

I don't really listen to them so much as much as read the lyrics as Seth Putnam screams. Its garbage, but it gives me a laugh.

"I Got an Office Job for the Sole Purpose of Sexually Harassing Women" being one of their less controversial tracks.

Haha - yes, very average grindcore, but worth it for the songtitles alone...the only one I bothered buying was "I like it when you die" which had the "you're unbelievable" cover on it.

Swans: God damn the sun

Coil: All the pretty horses:

and death in june: Holy Water:

Most death in June I can't really get into but their first album was a cracker, especially this song.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bottled my latest brew to the soothing sounds of Megadeth: Endgame... :)

Back