What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poropetra - Sinihirwi

Odd, but interesting array of folk instruments, throat singing and boring old "standard" singing. In Finnish and I don't understand a word... Well I can pretend :rolleyes:

I've been wanting to find some traditional finnish folk on account of enjoying the folk aspects of Korpiklaani and finntroll (not much of a metal fan but own albums from both of these outfits).

Does ^ fit the bill?

It's definitely not strictly traditional, it's got elements of it in the instrument selection and singing styles, but there's soft bluesy electric guitars, distortion effects and stuff that give it a modern feel.

They're an unsigned band, website here, navigate to Discography, Sinihirwi (CD) and you can download a few of the tracks, which are all quite different. If you want the album I can hook you up with a download - you won't find it in any shops - I've actually ordered a copy too!

My Sweet Wort by George Harrison, a great song about brewing, don't know the relevance of all the hari crishna bit though!

cheers

Browndog

It's definitely not strictly traditional, it's got elements of it in the instrument selection and singing styles, but there's soft bluesy electric guitars, distortion effects and stuff that give it a modern feel.

They're an unsigned band, website here, navigate to Discography, Sinihirwi (CD) and you can download a few of the tracks, which are all quite different. If you want the album I can hook you up with a download - you won't find it in any shops - I've actually ordered a copy too!

Just saw this post.

I'll check them out in a couple of days when my cap limit starts up again. The internet is very slow at manticle's house at the moment.

Cheers

Yeap it was a awesome night at Thebby, ignorant security guy tried to make me cloak my BLS shirt though and tried telling me it was biker colours. <_<
No drama though as nothing could put a downer on seeing Megadeth, I played up pretty hard and still don't feel 100% today.

"Thanks" to the radio I am listening to Going Back To Cali by Ladies Love Cool James.

I just discovered a new-ish genre known as crab-core. Do yourself a favour.

I just discovered a new-ish genre known as crab-core. Do yourself a favour.

its-a-trap.jpg

Well, that was short lived.

Seriously though, look at this. It is so awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, they only difference between crabcore and hardcore is they stand like crabs?

You did not watch the whole thing.

Ahh sorry, and posing/swaying like crabs :)

I'm seriously impressed.

You did not watch the whole thing.

Although that is not an easy thing to do. For the absolute most awesome thing ever check 57sec (but watch from about 50sec to get the full effect).

1:04-1:06... ouch, my head.

Everything about hardcore music makes me cringe. The screams sound like a raging 15 year old, and the "clean" vocals sound like a whiny, lazy stoner is singing.

And yes, I had to mute it in order to watch more than 10 seconds.

Oh, that's why you still think it is hardcore.

Well, time for bed.. maybe some Perfect Circle to drift off to, methinks.

1:04-1:06... ouch, my head.

Everything about hardcore music makes me cringe. The screams sound like a raging 15 year old, and the "clean" vocals sound like a whiny, lazy stoner is singing.

And yes, I had to mute it in order to watch more than 10 seconds.
Please don't confuse what the kiddies call hardcore nowadays with real hard core...

Real hardcore is bands like Bad Brains, Minor Threat, Biohazard, Madball, Toe to Toe, Sick of it All, Agnostic Front, Gorilla Biscuits, Mid Youth Crisis & Orange 9mm

Latest posts

Back