What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Busboy said:
Thanks for putting me onto these guys. Takes me back to my youth when I was listening to Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin. This band reminds me of those bands and so many more. Great music! Yet, they're not copycats. Original music that lifts you up and calms you down. I just relax and let the music take me somewhere else.
I watch for Liam's posts on this thread.

He has insight and I'm grateful when he shares

WarmerBeer said:
New Mastodon album.
Absolute cracker, streamed it on Spotify when it was released on Friday and it was the best way to finish my week.

I like Gaahl to. Especially his work in that docco on Norwegian black metal where he made those Nike & hoodie clad young American film makers trudge for hours on end in the through the bitterly freezing woods and snow up a even more bitterly freezing mountain in Espedal to show them his grandparents shed. They were so sad, cold and disconsolate by journeys end, you just had to laugh.

But I still prefer some drums with my atmospheric Gaahl. Go on, click on both at the same time, it works suprisingly well..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9snmCXwugg&t=231s

Dave70 said:
I like Gaahl to. Especially his work in that docco on Norwegian black metal where he made those Nike & hoodie clad young American film makers trudge for hours on end in the through the bitterly freezing woods and snow up a even more bitterly freezing mountain in Espedal to show them his grandparents shed. They were so sad, cold and disconsolate by journeys end, you just had to laugh.
And then sit there in contemptible silence when they asked what he considered stupid questions.

******* excellent. Bottle of penfolds nonetheless. That last 90 seconds - visceral. Deliberately straining the tendons of his core concept in the simultaneous revelling of his ego or anger.

A significant pleasure to watch.

There are few occasions where belief, perspective, introspection and desire fuse to unify and destroy equally and instantly.

Independent Thinking

\,,/ . . \,,/

Dave,Mant

Edit: NOONE SHOULD WATCH THIS PART WAY THROUGH.... START AT THE START!

Mardoo said:
Ha, thought that looked like Primus. Guess we're the same age, even if we're not.
Yeah mate. Primus, John the fisherman. Did you ever see them back in the states?

Oh please. I think we can all assume Mardoo is well experienced with Wynonna's Big Brown Beaver. **

Primus. '94 Big Day Out. Awesome! A day the beaver rocked.
Back in the day when awesome meant something.

** I might be a bit tipsy [emoji12]

Saw them in '88 at a tiny club, '93 at Lollapalooza in Portland (where Alice in Chains refused to headline following Primus, so gave up the lead spot to Primus), and in an acoustic show with the Residents at MacWorld in '96, I think. All different shows, all excellent.

EDIT: Yep, January 9, 1996. Unsane show. Best mosh pit I've ever been in. All geeks, half women, off the hook.

Latest posts

Back