What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike Schiedt.
Much as I love Yob, this really isn't my cuppa I'm afraid.

https://vimeo.com/41435953

King dude - deal with the devil.
Got tix to see him at dark mofo my first night in TAS.

Audio Books... endless audio books and the occasional podcast.

Currently working my way through the 'Wheel of Time' series for the second time and loving it.

I'm only listening to music these days when I want a bit of a mood booster.

Karnivool - Themata, after having seen them perform the album last Thursday.

Still my favourite Aussie album.

As per usual, they put on an awesome show.

I just wish they had a little more 'fun' onstage - as in crowd interaction and energy whilst playing. Similarly with Tool, the bassist seems to be the only one really getting into it.

That's all just IMO though. They really do play a flawless set..

True, but I'm a sucker for the arrogance you get from Tool, I'll see them every time they come out, without fail. I've been at shows where Maynard walks off before the last song is finished and no encore gets played.... Lol still love them, always will!

Agree Karnivool could be more interactive or whatever, but you can't fake a personality and perhaps they just don't got one?

Ten Years After

Just bought a boxed set of 5 of their albums I had in the 1970s.

Still one of my favourite and best all time bands.

Burzum self titled.
I try really hard but all I can think of is some teenager learning to play guitar while someone steals his favourite tin of biscuits.
I feel for him but I feel for me much more.
His ambient music is worse. I do love good dark ambient but am yet to find any kvlt BM I can tolerate for longer than it takes for the twelve year old to start having a tantrum.

Apparently he insisted on using the worst microphone available when recording.
Got something right anyway.

warra48 said:
Ten Years After

Just bought a boxed set of 5 of their albums I had in the 1970s.

Still one of my favourite and best all time bands.
Funnily enough I was only watching their Woodstock set last weekend after digging through the mountain of DVDs we never watch anymore.
Made such a wonderful change of pace from the gentle souls with their acoustic guitars and all their ' wow, this is like, so groovy man, can you dig it?' sets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW5M5xljdCI

Back