What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought their Yeah go die was godawful (voice mainly - music was OK) but probably because it reminded me of Queens of the stone age within about a minute and that's a style/sound I don't care for.

Another track I've forgotten the name of (second single) was a bit better but not for me.

From a melbourne guy, I give you a Brisbane based rock band that I reckon shits on kingswood (name and PR stuff gives me the irrits too but admittedly most of the stuff I listen to has the PR quality of an onion in a sock)

and live in a pub where nobody cares but them:

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought their Yeah go die was godawful (voice mainly - music was OK) but probably because it reminded me of Queens of the stone age within about a minute and that's a style/sound I don't care for.

Another track I've forgotten the name of (second single) was a bit better but not for me.

From a melbourne guy, I give you a Brisbane based rock band that I reckon shits on kingswood (name and PR stuff gives me the irrits too but admittedly most of the stuff I listen to has the PR quality of an onion in a sock)

Oh, and don't forget Gentle Ben, for a more subtle sound!

Love Gentle Ben (well first 2 albums - wasn't so keen on the third).

Great live, particularly when they were without the lady on synth (unnecessary).

And one of my favourites, their cover of Spencer P Jones' Execution Day: (original - can't find the GB version but love both):

Yeah I was getting into it until he hit the high notes :blink: same reason I don't like The Darkness :lol: not a fan of a lead singer who sounds like someone shocks his balls midway through a song

Yeah, the whole series is fairly amazing.

[EDIT: just checked the link properly and you're already talking about the lot, I think]

Currently listening to "You spin me round (like a record)" by 'Dead or Alive'.

For some reason, it arouses me. Unsure why, though. :unsure:

Maybe it's cos eyepatches turn me on?? Perhaps that's why I used to jack off to 'treasure island'.........

[quote name='Mike L'Itorus' post='930629' date='Jul 3 2012, 11:55 AM']Currently listening to "You spin me round (like a record)" by 'Dead or Alive'.

For some reason, it arouses me. Unsure why, though. :unsure:[/quote]

Meatspin memories?

Maybe it's cos eyepatches turn me on?? Perhaps that's why I used to jack off to 'treasure island'.........

Pete Burns today.
Still feel like a quick one off the wrist?

11140|000014542|dedf_pete-burns1.jpg

(my apologies to anyone who just vomited into their mouth a little..)

I'm willing to wager a years pay that I'm the only one here who knows who Troy Wright is.
In any case, he's a drum instructor / session muso from the gold coast who possesses a formidable talent for unscrambling and reproducing some of the most challenging drum pieces around. His dissection of Meshuggas 'Bleed' has helped me greatly. At least I actually know how difficult playing accented 32nd notes with your feet under ghosted 8th notes really is. I will persist however.
I dips me lid to anybody who ekes out a living by exploiting their passion.

Some of his work.

Animals as leaders.

Dream Theatre.

Meshugga - ObZen medley. Obviously playing the tunes straight wasn't difficult enough.

I'm willing to wager a years pay that I'm the only one here who knows who Troy Wright is.
In any case, he's a drum instructor / session muso from the gold coast who possesses a formidable talent for unscrambling and reproducing some of the most challenging drum pieces around. His dissection of Meshuggas 'Bleed' has helped me greatly. At least I actually know how difficult playing accented 32nd notes with your feet under ghosted 8th notes really is. I will persist however.
I dips me lid to anybody who ekes out a living by exploiting their passion.

Some of his work.

Animals as leaders.

Dream Theatre.

Meshugga - ObZen medley. Obviously playing the tunes straight wasn't difficult enough.

Wicked setup! :eek:

Pete Burns today.
Still feel like a quick one off the wrist?

11140|000014542|dedf_pete-burns1.jpg

(my apologies to anyone who just vomited into their mouth a little..)

hand-shandies galore. Those Botox lips must give good suction. Sexier today than in 1985.

[quote name='Mike L'Itorus' post='930969' date='Jul 4 2012, 12:26 PM']hand-shandies galore. Those Botox lips must give good suction. Sexier today than in 1985.[/quote]

MIKE%20LITORIS.jpg

[quote name='Mike L'Itorus' post='930995' date='Jul 4 2012, 01:41 PM']Those bastards left out the apostrophe. And they promised me, when I agreed to the interview, that they would spell my name correctly. Fuckers. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Typical media...screwing everyone over.... :lol:

Just heard Baby Doll - Party of One on Triple J and damn a funky ass tune there!

Back