What Are We All Doing For Australia Day?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Driving down the Hume hwy from Sydney to Melbourne. Most boring stretch of highway on the east coast of Australia.

Hottest 100, sitting in doors in the Aircon as its expected to hit 40c....so thats cricket + beers galore :)

Hanging out at Nick's brewday and hopefully avoid seeing King Brown without pants.

brew a winter imperial porter, lamb racks on the weber, watch the cricket and have a few beers. life is good.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet f all
Realy, wouldve thought you could use the spare time to dig up some conclusive evidence of rampant botulism in no chill beer. Might watch some cricket(if its not already finished by then) and drink some lovely home made no chilled botubeer

I'll have my 3.5yo daughter with me for Australia day.

We'll probably walk down to the local park with an esky and crank up the bbq, and whilst my daughter runs around with a new found playmate I will be chatting to the hot mum..... ;)

You talking about Bicentennial park on Scotch Parade??? Lots of hot mums at that park.. :)

Few mates & their families over for a bbq, my homebrew and a few megaswills on ice, and a swim in the pool.
Hottest 100 pumping of course.
Friday is screaming for an A/L day too!

It would be a great day to get a brew in but Ive already got two on the go so sadly wont be doing that.

Probably just have a bbq with the missus and kids.

working but probably have a BBQ lunch and trip down the beach in the BRT, with a few beers to end the day once home.

Typically i'll float in the pool with a couple of cornies chilling in an esky nearby. Lamb and slow cooked chicken on the BBQ... turns pretty messy towards the evening.

But now got 2 kids in tow so can't imagine i'll be doing much more than chasing a 2 1/2 year old that keeps wanting to jump in the pool and sink to the bottom whilst getting dirty looks from the missus for not helping out enough with the 6 month old <_<

brewing my first lamibic, get the mini spit cranking and listen to tunes whilst watching the cricket.

move the TV out to the verandah, watch the cricket, fire up the BBQ, & sink piss!

Drive for 2 hours to the inlaws for a BBQ.
Talk to the inlaws 90 y.o friends.
Repeat myself coz they cant hear me.
Repeat myself coz they still cant hear me.
Give up on talking.
Drink a couple of light beer coz I'm driving.
Miss the cricket. They hate sport.
Act interested as my nephews show me their latest electronic toys.
Listen to my dumb-ass bro-in-law rabbit on. He's the world expert on everyting - including my job.
Drive 2 hours home.

Its a tradition.

BBQ. Damper. Cockies Joy. Multicultural Neighbours. Cricket in backyard (Even if it's raining). Cricket on TV. Kids running amock. Kegs of ESB, IPA and Hefeweizien on tap for all (except the kids...). Fall asleep on verandah.

Cheers - Snow

Latest posts

Back