What Age Are Ya

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Select one

• 18 to 30

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 31 to 40

• 41 to 50

• 51 to 60

• 61 +

• Total voters
34 here. 2 kids (5 and 3) run me ragged and contribute to my rapidly accelerating decreptitude.

29 Here. I've only been drinking beer about 6 years or so, before that I hated it. I forced a couple of stubbies of Heinekin down my throat at a work Christmas party, and haven't stopped since. :)

I've been brewing about 1.5 years, started out with a few Coopers kits, and moved to AG brews about 3 weeks ago, 2 AG's so far. I'd say I still don't really have a clue what I am doing, but I love that first few glasses out of every batch, seeing how things turned out, what effect the small changes I made had etc.

Cheers
Ben :)

37 - I think - I always forget as it doesnt mean anything to me.
Cheers
Steve

31 in August here. Nil Kids, Married with a dog. Not to a dog... Been brewing for around 2 and a half years.

HK

42 here, 43 in days that can be counted on fingers and maybe one foot. Single Dad with a 15 yo daughter who gives the impression trhat she is going to be older than me on her next birthday - Oh my God!! Her birthdya is less than three weeks away...AaaaaarrrrGGGHHH! Then I will still be a single Dad with a 16 yo daughter. Alright you young blokes on the forum, I'm watchin' for ya's!

Cheers

Steve

36 years young and reliving my childhood with my 4 year old son :)

31 and havent been brewing long enough - wish I had of gone full boar when my brother bought me a kit 6 years ago - dragged it out nearly a year to the day - having used it only once prior to that.

I met 'Homekegger' at the Sydney Pub crawl .

he said "Gee Pumpy you sound a lot younger on the Forum. than you are in real life :blink: .

My heart sank to the pits of my stomach and the enthusiasm left me like air from a deflated baloon. :(
Head bowed, dog-fashion, I shuffled to the bar to the Perfectly formed 19 year old blonde barmaid .

"sod the real ale give me a Bourbon & coke !!!

Pumpy :unsure:

Pumpy, if it's any consolation; how you sound or come across is far more important that how old you are in 'real life'! That said, you are only as old as you feel anyway. Brewing keeps us all young.

As they say, youth and skill are no match for experience and treachery.

I'm 30 in December. I feel 29 now, but I'll feel 60 tomorrow morning (standard Friday session).

Pumpy, if it's any consolation; how you sound or come across is far more important that how old you are in 'real life'! That said, you are only as old as you feel anyway. Brewing keeps us all young.

I'm 30 in December. I feel 29 now, but I'll feel 60 tomorrow morning (standard Friday session).

Nice one Bugwan , That makes me feel better now .There are some caring cyber brewers out there .

Pumpy :)

39 in October, just after the missus turns 40 hahaha!

Two daughters (12 & 8) and one stupid dog.

Cheers, Andrew.

Good Day
53 heading towards 54 this year. When I started brewing in 1997 I was 44 and younger than most brewers I knew at the time. The demographics have certainly changed since then and great to see. When I went on the AHB's first Sydney "pub crawl" I felt like one of the brewers dad who came along for the day. Recently a AHB forum member who knows me said it must be great to be retired and have all that time to brew! :blink: Made me laugh.
Sad to think that I only have 40 more years of brewing left.

Sad to think that I only have 40 more years of brewing left.

Two brews per day, 23 litres (minimum!) per brew, that's 1.17 million pints in the next 40 years.

:D Just thought I'd put things in perspective!!!

Nice one Bugwan , That makes me feel better now .There are some caring cyber brewers out there .

Pumpy :)
i thought it was your only as young as the woman your feeling up???????? :eek: :eek:
ill be 26 this year

Barry,

Hang on - I'm only a year behind you :p

As my mother used to say "You're only as old as the Woman you feel"

Now, can somebody loan me a 23 year old woman for a feel :D

Trev

A very youthful looking 32 year old :blink:

2 kids, 5 yo and 17months

A gazzilion labels to do wish I was 21 again

Hey Franko ,

34 are you sure that is not cigarettes a day & :party: now Linz is Puffin more too

Latest posts

Back