Whaddyareckon?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the way you think lager drinker.

We used to brew in 200L batches to get the brewing all done when the temp was right. We mixed and matched kits (ales) to get some sort of hybrid taste and added a bit of dextrose. As I remember we used 8 kits and 100g of hops pellets boiled for 10mins with the kits etc.

We thought of going bigger using old dairy equipment......but then went to all grain brewing and went back to 20L batches.

My advice is to brew an ale at <20deg and don't use too much white sugar and add hops until you can really taste them (200g??).

Good luck, Matt.

Damn it Marlow don't put him off. ;)

I really wanna see one of these guys do it just for once. All the rest have chickened out (p1ss weak I say!) but I reckon this blokes got the knuts to do it. What was it a few weeks ago some dude wanted to make 500lt extract in a water tank? Did he go ahead? NO! Chickened out!

I say live a little and let them roam free brewing massive amounts of undrinkable cidery beer in garbage cans, dumpsters, fish tanks, oil barrels, and or whatever but they must do it in.

I just wanna see one of the nut jobs actually do it! What's wrong with that?

Cheers

Chappo
fkn funny ..lol

Back