Weyermann Malt Extracts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be interested to know how the extract rauch compares in smokiness to an Aecht Schlenkerla Marzen (metric rauch).

For those interested, the Rauch hit the keg last night & on tap in the shop.

Not quite as smokey as i expected (98% smoked) but a lovely beer never the less. The nose is quite subdued but a real nice malty, smokey lager coming in at 5.4% alc.

Just added to 20L of water with a 90gm pack of saaz, boiled for 30 mins - one of my easiest brew days :icon_cheers:

cheers Ross

Thats very expensive. I get 1.5kg Coopers extract cans for $9 delivered

9 dlvd?? Thats the price on their site and even with the discount shipping is still outragous. I put two cans in the order form and it came up with $15 shipping. Thats $33 dlvd for 3kgs of LLME.

For those interested, the Rauch hit the keg last night & on tap in the shop.

Not quite as smokey as i expected (98% smoked) but a lovely beer never the less. The nose is quite subdued but a real nice malty, smokey lager coming in at 5.4% alc.

Just added to 20L of water with a 90gm pack of saaz, boiled for 30 mins - one of my easiest brew days :icon_cheers:

cheers Ross
When I made my ag clone I used the same % of the Rachmalz, and double-decocted. It was deemed too smoky for style.
Would like to know why mine was too smoky.
Sounds like yours is a comp-worthy lager.

Do you like it, or is it a bit wimpy in smokiness for you?

Beers
Les

Latest posts

Back