WetPack American Pale Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodie

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a wetpack american pale ale in the FV, I put it down on Wednesday at 1.047 and today it is at 1.010, it was at 25c.
I have never made one of these and all other brews have taken a bit longer to brew out, so is should this be a concern?
woodie

The yeast will have done most of their work pretty quick at those temps try to keep the temp down about 5 degrees or so for future brews

The problem is I don't have a brew fridge yet and the it said to do it at 24-26.I am going to have to get a brew fridge I think.
Woodie

I dont know why they all suggest fermenting at such high temps but yeah a fermenting fridge will be one of the best investments for your brewing, as for this brew i would still leave in the fermenter for another 5 days or so, the yeast have done most of the work but giving them a bit longer to clean up after themselves will be good for ya beer

I put the torch up against the Fermenter and there is still a bit a activity in there.

The potential is high to create a not so nice beer at 24 to 26ºC, and the number of posts on this forum about that issue tends to prove that is so.

However, the failure rate of successful fermentation is virtually zero at those temperatures. That's the sole reason those silly kit etc instructions advise the unwary to ferment at those temperatures.

[SIZE=14.4444446563721px]A range of 18 to 20ºC is much more likely to produce a drinkable beer, but not always practicable for new brewers without investing in appropriate equipment.[/SIZE]

I think you will find the instructions say 20-22 for ales.

I am a little more concerned about the 1010 reading.
I can't get 3kg of liquid malt down to anywhere near that.

Latest posts

Back