Westgate Brewers Stout Extravaganza 2016

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've out done myself...
sacks of cryer malt
Sacks of malt from bintani
Grain from glad fields
Yeast from mangrove jacks
Hops from ellerslie
Cases of beer from west city , two birds , Hawthorn and boatrocker ...
The winner of beer of show gets to brew their recipe on the brau at g and g ( fresh wort kit ) get a kit to take home and $100 g&g voucher and the club of show will be able to brew a beer at Clifton hill brew pub to be barrel aged
Cheers
Ferg

Brewers,
Just a heads up...
Entries will close Midday June 25th 2016..Thats THIS Saturday
Drop off
Grain and grape
Keg King
Brewers Den
Greensborough Home brewing
Geelong home brew supplies

Just a reminder that entires close tomorrow at noon. Some really excellent prizes this year so you won't want to miss this one.

Drop off points:

Grain and Grape
Keg King
Brewers Den
Greensborough Home brewing
Geelong Home Brew Supplies

So we have had to withdraw the prize for club of show ( brewing at Clifton Hill brew Pub) Apologies for any inconvenience that this has caused
We hope to offer it next year
For the record , there is only 55 entries with RIS and Oatmeal stout being the most popular
Good luck tomorrow everyone
Cheers Ferg

Is there a replacement/alternative prize?

Numbers might be down from previous years but it does make things more manageable.

Best of luck to contestants and organisers/judges/stewards alike.

Yes there still will be a prize for Club of Show, probably a few bags of malt (to be confirmed).

Lol should have entered a few more maybe..oh well there is always next year! Good luck to everyone.. so guttered I couldnt judge this year

Cracking Baltic Porter

1467529878120.jpg

Get the photos up im having withdrawals from Thailand!

We will post result tomorrow.

Grainer you got a 3rd but can remember which category.

1 out of 2 ... I can live with that lol.. but still no pics :blink:

Are we there yet?

Not that I'm holding out much hope, I was probably out of style... Again...

;)

Results should have been emailed to brewers just recently, I have received the list, but will let someone from Westgate upload PDF.

Here are the results brewers. Thanks to our generous and always reliable sponsors:

Grain and Grape - for all your home brewing needs
Ellerslie hops- the largest Australian owned independent hop company suppling hops and Castle Maltings
Cryer Malt-supplier of the finest malted barley and adjuncts from around the globe
Bintani- supplier of yeast, malt, hops and various other adjuncts and process aids for brewers
BeerCo- fine retailer of malts (Gladfields), hops and yeast
Pipeworx Plumbing and Gas
Mangrove Jacks
West City Brewing
Boatrocker
Hawthorn Brewing
Two Birds

Thanks to the judges and stewards. Hope to see you all again next year.

View attachment StoutExtravaganza2016.pdf

Thanks for posting the results. :beer:
2nd comp entered for me. No placing but a 4th in the stout category which I'm stoked with.

Novice question..... should I be expecting score sheets to follow at some stage?

Cheers, Matt

Congrats on your 4th placing. We will post the judges forms to you in the coming days.

Latest posts

Back