Westgate Brewers Stout Extravaganza 2016

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcmcg

I had lotsa barrels on the old AHB..
Reaction score
Westgate brewers stout extravaganza is on again at The Local , in Port Melbourne .
The date is Sunday July 3rd from 1pm
As usual , the three categories are
Porter - brown , robust and Baltic
Stout -dry , oatmeal and sweet
Strong stout - foreign export , American and Imperial
Two entries per category and one per style Maximum
The will be no specialty Category.
This is also a call for judges . Please email [email protected] should you wish to judge.
The prizes are looking good.
More information to follow .
Ferg
Secretary
Westgate

Entry

Also , any entries that need to be mailed can be mailed to
Grain and Grape
5/280 Whitehall st
Yarraville 3013
Must arrive by Sat june 25th

Entries are $7 per entry . Per entry .
Cash to be included with entries

fergthebrewer said:
Also , any entries that need to be mailed can be mailed to
Grain and Grape
5/280 Whitehall st
Yarraville 3013
Must arrive by Sat July 25th

Entries are $7 per entry . Per entry .
Cash to be included with entries
you do mean Saturday JUNE 25th don't you??

Yes gap you are correct.
It should read entries must be received by 12pm 25th June 2016.

fergthebrewer said:
One entry per category. All your entries , Yob , must be wrapped in toilet paper
Just spoken with Ferg and this is a mistake. Should read maximum two entries per category and one per style.

Black n Tan said:
Just spoken with Ferg and this is a mistake. Should read maximum two entries per category and one per style.
Black n Tan said:
Edited the orig post
Thanks Grant

Brewers,
Just a heads up...
Entries will close Midday June 25th 2016
Drop off
Grain and grape
Keg King
Brewers Den
Greensborough Home brewing
Geelong home brew supplies

There is grain to be won , yeast , beer and as a cracker of a prize , we are sorting the chance to brew on Grain and grapes 500l brau with the opportunity to have your winning recipe turned into a fresh wort kit ( and take some away ) and we are working on hops and maybe the opportunity to brew a small batch at a commercial brewery...stay tuned

Interstate entries can be posted to The Grain and Grape
Postal address is at the start of the thread( I'm on the iPhone )
Cheers
Ferg
Secretary

Doh... would loved to judge but will be overseas!

Dropping off 2 bottles for Linton today before I fly overseas!..dont complain now.. I entered!

Grainer said:
Dropping off 2 bottles for Linton today before I fly overseas!..dont complain now.. I entered!
Thanks for your support
Have a good holiday
Cheers
Ferg

Geelong Craft Brewers NOTE: Get your bottles to me by Monday 20th and I am arranging a delivery service to Grain and Grape!

Cheers

Okay,
So in terms of prizes , I'm happy to announce that the brewer of the Beer of Show will get an opportuniy to brew on the 500l braumeister at Grain and Grape , make a fresh wort kit ( take one home and get $100 gift voucher ). We are in negotion with Clifton Hill Brew pub and it looks like the Club of show will get the poortunity to brew a beer there that will be barrel aged ( details still to be confirmed)
We have grain from Gladfield and Beerco , Bintani and Cryer. Ellerslie Hops , Mangrove jacks yeast , Boatrocker beers , Hawthorn , Two birds ( inc a beanie and paddle selection at the nest ) , West City Brewing ....
Details are still to be sorted at to who gets what , but its looking pretty flash !
Cheers
Ferg
Secretary

Latest posts

Back