West Coast Brewers: Iron Brewer 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My ironbrew has finished fermentation and will be racked for ccing tomorrow.Should wander over to the shed and have a sneaky taste test to see whats doing.
Should be some interesting brews ahead of us on judgement day.

Cheers
Big D

Hi All
The Styrian Golgings was defintly 4.8% AA.I cant comment on the others.By the comments it sounds like some of the hops may have been mixed up on the night.Good luck any way.
Cheers GB

Surely a few other of you guys have brewed their IB'07, are we still in agreance that the hops were labelled correctly?

i plan on using up my 'leftover' hops just don't wanna put super alpha in say a hefeweizen and blow 5 hours brewing.

Rob.

Well I'm going to stick my neck out.... Just tasted a Munich Helles made with a single addition of IronBrewer Hallertau at 60 mins... Its definately not 22 IBU's as expected. Nothing noble about this beer.... its imperial megaswill. Recon its more like 40+ IBU's :eek:

IMH - Imperial Munich Helles Anyone :lol:

Its a poor workman who blames his tools. Just learn to brew better beer Asher. Pop round one day and I wll give you a few hints. Although most of them involve tea bags.

Its a poor workman who blames his tools. Just learn to brew better beer Asher. Pop round one day and I wll give you a few hints. Although most of them involve tea bags.

Maybe it is an 'Alpha Acidobacter' infection :eek:!

iconsex_teabag.gif

Just had a sip of mine out of the jerrycan and the kippered herrings have swum away. I can detect no trace of rauch at all. Mind you, this Czech pipe tobacco is very strong!

Well I'm going to stick my neck out.... Just tasted a Munich Helles made with a single addition of IronBrewer Hallertau at 60 mins... Its definately not 22 IBU's as expected. Nothing noble about this beer.... its imperial megaswill. Recon its more like 40+ IBU's :eek:
Maybe someone got sick of you taking off all the prizemoney so they put super alpha in your hallertau packet

it was the newbie table that was sealing and labelling them, i think you're in the clear Tony & Ian.

Hi brewers,

I'll be unlikely to make the December meet, can I drop off my entries to somewhere or someone?

Also, a question for the competition organisers; can I submit three longnecks and a couple of stubbies instead of four longies? I bottled plenty, but got a little stringent on quality control; just noticed I only have three king browns left plus a handful of 330's.

Hi brewers,

I'll be unlikely to make the December meet, can I drop off my entries to somewhere or someone?

Also, a question for the competition organisers; can I submit three longnecks and a couple of stubbies instead of four longies? I bottled plenty, but got a little stringent on quality control; just noticed I only have three king browns left plus a handful of 330's.

Hey Kai,

no probs i'll grab em off you and if they make it to the next meet i'll make sure they get judged for ya ;)

rob.

Awesome, thanks rob. I'll send you a PM later today and we can work out the details.

Just a quick reminder to everyone Tomorrow nights meeting is the Iron Brewer Comp so make sure you bring your entry and also a quick note of your recipe so the judges can check and see if you have cheated!

Originally I asked for 4 bottles, if you don't feel like having your beer sent off to a couple of secret guest judges then 2 bottles will be fine.

If everyone has brewed then there will be a lot of people there and a lot of beers to judge so please make an effort to arrive by 7:30PM SHARP so we can all get home at a reasonable hour.

Cheers and thanks for your participation.

Unfortunately i will not be able to get to the much anticipated December meet due to having to do an airport pickup however am very willing to drop them off to someone so as they get to the meet for judging.
Can anyone help me out.

Cheers
Big D

Latest posts

Back