Weissbier Etalon

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wessmith

Reaction score
Has anybody seen Weissbier Etalon in the bottle shops? This beer (from the Ukraine) has been getting rave reviews and winning plenty of gold around Europe and the UK.

Wes

Wes.

The said beer being from the Ukraine I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for such an obscure brand. :blink:

That said I once managed to aquire a Macedonian Lager at a local market.

Sometimes the best bet is to actually go to a bottlo or deli where the proprietor's an expat of the country from which you seek the beer and imports a healthy supply for his fellow expats. ;)

BTW The Macedonian beer (Skopsko) was an absolute stinker. <_<

Warren -

Point taken Warren, but the reason I asked about Etalon is that it is seemingly anything but obscure. There is a big writeup about it in the latest Brewers Guardian mag complete with tasting notes.

Wes

Here's the brewer's website. No sign of any distributor's link.

link

Pretty sexy looking glass by design that they provide with it. :beerbang:

Warren -

The notes in the magazine article gave the following:
"The grist is 55% wheat and 45% barley. Hop variety is Perle. Top fermented in open fermenters for 5 to 7 days then transferred to maturation vessels for a further 12 to 14 days"

The tasting notes indicated a slight tang which one taster at least thought to be a lacto taste.

Interesting.

Wes

wessmith said:
The tasting notes indicated a slight tang which one taster at least thought to be a lacto taste.

Interesting.

Wes
[post="109096"][/post]​

Yum! Possibly the questionable food-hygiene standards of a former Eastern-Bloc country or a deliberate introduction? :lol:

Hmmm, bit of Kiev meltdown residue in your Weizen Vladimir? :p

Warren -

there is a ukranian club at lidcombe. right next door to doolies opposite the train station. that might be worth a shot.

Latest posts

Back