Water Level Sensors

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have just bought some electronic bathroom scales from the reject shop for 20 dollars im going to use the presure sensors in a pic project to measure volume eventually but for the time being im just going to put it under my bucket 'o' death. i think the scales uses piezo restistive devices ill have to pull it apart to find out.

cheer's matho

Kirk, wonder if it can be calibrated to give volume????

Screwy

for $100, I might give it a go.
I need to know a lot more about the circuit and some basic info like what range the pressure sensor works.

although, I do like the idea of the conductance probes. It is what we have settled on at work.

Digging up an old post .But most of the participants are still here. I have a few questions on flow meters. This type . Would suit my system perfectly as I have a 240 v pump for recirc and a 12v little brown pump to fill and drain the vessel. My little brown pump is powered o and off by a simple switch. I was originally looking for a basic inline flow meter . I read a lot about the inaccuracy of such meters. I came across the linked setup and would be able to easily adapt it to my system behind the scenes and out of sight. The lcd would mount nicely above my brew controller. I would only need the flow meter for cold water into the vessel. Set my quantity and let it fill. Buzzer sounds and I flick the off switch on the little brown pump. I would only be looking at controlling up to about 65 litres of water into my unit. Volumes would be changing for each different batch type and size.

So my questions are these:
Is anyone out there using something like this successfully? If so what and how is the usefulness/accuracy ?
Is there something a little more simple that will just give me a digital count ? Any home brew supplies offer anything like this?
Has anyone got any working examples of a hall monitor sensor being used with an Arduino? I have only seen links to parts.

I know that the thread is old. I came to it whilst researching my way through a few threads and thought this was the best spot for my post. I am hoping that the technology has improved the accuracy of these sensors over time. I am not really interested in other types of indicators or switches as this particular setup suits my purpose and setup.Regards Dave

Back