Water Fire Extinguisher For Kegging?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dynamite

Reaction score
I'm in the process of setting up a couple of kegerators, I was able to find a CO2 extinguisher on gumtree but I am in need of another one and they are bloody hard to find, however I have found a water extinguisher can I empty this and get it filled with CO2? Cheers Blokes!!

Why would you need a second source of co2? Just split the line or use a dual outlet regulator.

mate I have two different kegerators in two different places one in the house one in the shed

No you cant use the water ones. There are some fairly cheap Co2 bottles around these days. Or you could go the soda stream option.

Cheers

Mate using the co2 extinguisher what's the go I will have to use it upside down or take the dip tube out??? how do I do that is it dangerous

Diptube in = run it upside down, there are people that dont bother. Your results may vary.

In all honesty just cough up the 150-200$ fo
r a KK 2.6kg / 6kg cylinder. They are VERRY simple to swap andthere is no dogy filling of them out the back or clamps to hold them upside down.

If you dont have the $ to buy new or bid on seccondhand one then bottle, or pay through the arse for sodastream gas.
Youl get your beer either way :D

Try a fire extungisher cert/repair place. I use one on the goldy coast and they sell them all converted and re-certed for home brewers.

I got a 5KG for $150 modified, filled and new cert.

Latest posts

Back