• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: Hop Rhizomes For Colac Area

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nibbo

Reaction score
Looking to get hold of some hops to have a go at growing. Got 3 acres to go nuts on and are really keen to grow my own hops. I'm open to any varieties. Beggers cant be choosers. Happy to pay Freight to get them here.
Also i'm new to this forum so be gentle.

Cheers

If you find a supplier for free, let me know, i am happy to pass on free rhizomes once mine get established, share the love...

Forward me a self-addressed 'envelope' and I'll send you a POR & Chinook by end of August. Send me a 'send message' if interested.

Thanks heaps thylacine...sent you a message.

Thanks heaps thylacine...sent you a message.

Nibbo,

I received your envelope and will mail you the chinook on Monday. ie. a substantial section of the rhizome 'head'. (next to the beer)

Cheers

Image052.jpg

Hey,

Just thought id ask a quick question here,

Dont know much about growing hops, but I'm in Warrnambool, Your in colac, have you done any research on the climate here and if they grow no worries?

I got 5 acres to play with... My mates got 1150 acres. So I might have some space, unsure of how they grown down in the south west.

Hey,

Just thought id ask a quick question here,

Dont know much about growing hops, but I'm in Warrnambool, Your in colac, have you done any research on the climate here and if they grow no worries?

I got 5 acres to play with... My mates got 1150 acres. So I might have some space, unsure of how they grown down in the south west.

Here is a good place to start Hops - how to grow them LINK and there are other links at the bottom of the article

Re Neo_04: Hadn't really done a lot of in depth research on growing the hops in our climate but i know of wild hops growing in the distict so figured it wasn't impossible...Once it gets started and established, there shouldn't be any issues i imagine. I hadn't planned on getting my hands on some rhizomes so quickly as well due to the generosity of the brewing cummunity (and also going to Fiji for 10 days) so i am behind on my homework. The link provided by Malted will help a lot in getting them started.

In Victoria, ttey'll grow like weeds Nibbo. No need to worry about that.

haha, weird. I also was planning on getting some hop plants and am also going to fiji in a couple of weeks for 10 days.

What a small world we live in :p

Latest posts

Back