• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: Big Pan Around 50 Liters

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lskoelewijn

Reaction score
Hello all!
Does anyone living in or around Perth have a big (50 liters) preferrably stainless steel pan to offer? Any tips on where I could buy one for cheap are also more than welcome! I just arrived from Holland and are preparing to continue my brewing efforts here.

Cheers!
Laurens

laurens,

Coming from Holland you may not realise the names for all the cookware in Australia. The word they use here for the large pot that you heat up the mash in is called a stockpot in catalogues. So you need to ask stores for a 50 litre stainless steel stockpot.

In Australia stainless steel pots are rather expensive. That said, I have yet to find any prices for quality stockpots made from stainless steel to be better than can be had by ordering online at allquip.com.au

You can find cheaper items but they are drastically cheaper in quality and the joy of finding something cheap may quickly be erased by the pain of having to live with less than adequate quality over a lifetime of using the item. The allquip stockpots are restaurant grade and quality and not some cheap thin stuff out of India or other places.

You have to pay freight on the allquip stockpot and the GST but find out the costs at allquip and compare to the same stockpot items you may find locally at catering supply shops that sell to restaurants and catering companies locally and then decide which is the better option for cost and convenience and make your purchase.

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

Try Kongs Asian supermarket on Albany Hyw in East Victoria Park, (opposite Target)

Got My 50L stainless steel pot for $55, They also had one about 60L

Sure its cheap Chinese s/s and the handle on the lid came off, but it's more than good enough for mashing and boiling.
The handles on the pot itself are very strongly riveted on.

( I dont use a tap, so I have no need to drill, I use a silicon siphon)

+1 for Kongs, it is cheap, thin SS, but does the job for sure.

I have recently made some inquiries into an 80l aluminium pot (if you want to save some cash cost is $130, they also have 60l for around $100 I think) from the following:

C. H. May Catering Equipment
Hotel, Restaurant & Club Kitchen Equipment - O'Connor, WA
(08) 9337 3888

87 Forsyth St, O'Connor WA 6163, Australia

They have a large range of SS, it is apparently top quality and the prices are high.

Cheers, John.

Alright! I will have a look at these places! Thank you all very much for the tips!

Back