• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: Bar Mats And Runners

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkeysers

Reaction score
OK, I hate to beg, but here goes...

After what feels like an eternity, I have finally started getting a pretty good "den" going at home. So far it's basically just a small room with a cowhide rug and it has a few beer ornaments like Oktoberfest steins and other beer type stuff. I have a modest keg setup with a couple of taps coming out of a small fridge. On the weekend I gave my old foosball table an overhaul and moved it into the den. So things are progressing nicely.

But I was standing there the other day thinking it needs something with wow factor, wondering what I could do. I have a few rubber backed beer mats that I was wondering what I was gonna do with when I got hit with (what I thought was) a great idea. I am gonna cover the walls with bar mats! I worked out it would take 27-30 standard size (88cm x 24cm) bar mats to cover just one wall, the other walls have windows and doors so they will need less. However, a quick look on ebay helped me to realise that this dream could be quite costly with bar mats @ $25 each. Was just about to give up, when I thought I would ask on here and see if anyone wanted to help me with my goal by donating one they weren't using (maybe one which made it's why home with you after a big night at the pub, I know that's how I got a few of mine ;) ), or by selling them to me cheap. Obviously I will pay for any postage or whatever.

Final result to be posted here when it's all done.

from the pubs i've worked in, the cellars (especially in london) were always littered with 'old' beer mats and the likes. Maybe you could try asking around at your local pubs/clubs, you'd be surprised.

I hadn't thought of that. Cheers, i'll try that.

would probably be easier to have a word with the landlord of your local pub, maybe offer to buy any old ones when they are replaced by the reps or try and get some straight from the rep when next he visits.

or steal :ph34r:

joking....

yard

EDIT: hadn't seen Kongs post...

OK. So I haven't been all that succesful getting my hands on these things. I have 8 or 9 now, most of which I have picked up for reasonable prices off ebay. The only problem is, pretty much all of what I have so far is Aussie beers (with Becks and Guiness being the exceptions). I'm finding it a lot more difficult to get my hands on international brewery bar mats/runners. I'm not gonna be super picky, but it would be nice to get at least a Heineken, Corona or maybe a Kronenberg mat or someething a bit more exciting than Draught and VB.

Just thought I would post here and see if anyone knew a store (online if possible) that has a good range of bar mats? I've checked out a few online stores, but all either don't have a very wide range, or are way too expensive (some over $45 per mat).

Thanks!

Chicken..
Try Garage Sales..Markets...
Never know what u find..Saw a few mats last week..and only went to one..
A little while ago .Deceased Estate.(Ex Brewer) round the corner from me
Had untold number of timber plaques about a foot square .All sorts of Breweries
brew related things painted on them..I did'nt buy any because then i would have to build a bar.
Cheers
Pj

OK, I hate to beg, but here goes...

After what feels like an eternity, I have finally started getting a pretty good "den" going at home. So far it's basically just a small room with a cowhide rug and it has a few beer ornaments like Oktoberfest steins and other beer type stuff. I have a modest keg setup with a couple of taps coming out of a small fridge. On the weekend I gave my old foosball table an overhaul and moved it into the den. So things are progressing nicely.

But I was standing there the other day thinking it needs something with wow factor, wondering what I could do. I have a few rubber backed beer mats that I was wondering what I was gonna do with when I got hit with (what I thought was) a great idea. I am gonna cover the walls with bar mats! I worked out it would take 27-30 standard size (88cm x 24cm) bar mats to cover just one wall, the other walls have windows and doors so they will need less. However, a quick look on ebay helped me to realise that this dream could be quite costly with bar mats @ $25 each. Was just about to give up, when I thought I would ask on here and see if anyone wanted to help me with my goal by donating one they weren't using (maybe one which made it's why home with you after a big night at the pub, I know that's how I got a few of mine ;) ), or by selling them to me cheap. Obviously I will pay for any postage or whatever.

Final result to be posted here when it's all done.

Believe it or not I have been doing the same thing. I have bought a lot of beer mats through e-bay, from the U.K You need to be smart though. Look for sellers who have a lot for sale, and trust me bar towel collecting must be a hobby over there. Because of the freight costs from the U.K its better to combine postage with one seller. The freight costs are bad enough but there are some sellers in the U.K still mark it up. Better still if you know anyone in the U.K send it to that address. Once you have a stack have them send it out by surface mail. I have done this quite successfully. The same goes with collecting beer font badges from th U.K I don't have lots because some of them are quite heavy which bumps up the feight. All in all there are some fantastic bargains to be had, if you do yoour homework. Here is a start http://collectables.search.ebay.co.uk/bar-...ZR40QQsacatZ562

BYB

Latest posts

Back