• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: Around 50l Ss Stockpots

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seravitae

Reaction score
Anyone got any sources for cheap SS stock pots at the moment? Looking for two of them around 50L or so.. Got one for cheap a while back but supplier is out for good.. Seems SS pots around this size are either around the $100 mark or the +$350 mark... Can't really afford $700 in cooking pots. :)

I'm in QLD if anyone has seen stock pots around. I've ebayed and googled till the cows came home, will start going to camping places soon but welcome any leads.

cheers!

Have a look in your local Asian grocer, they normally have some really thin imported pots. Should be able to pick them up for a round $1 per L. If you do get one, never lift them by the handles when it is full, only cheap spot weld holding them on.

Yeah, i've seen how flimsy the handles are on some of the pots. My setup involves not lifting anyting which is good..

I have one possibile solution (keg source) but yeah, am still evaluating my options. Have also considered asian grocers, I will have to find a stack and take a day off work to have a hunt around.

Cheers

asked this question to a chef friend of mine, she told me that it's a good idea to keep an ear out for any liquidations of restraunts etc. also a good place to try is op shops and local markets/buy 'n' sells and of course garage sales.

Good Luck

Aaron

Latest posts

Back