• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted 40 litre crown urn

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddh

Reaction score
Greetings everyone. I would like to buy a second hand 40 litre crown urn so I can try whole grain brewing. Based in Sydney

Thanks for the quick reply. He sold it earlier in the week. Cheers

SBOB said:
Or for not much more the popular Birko at $265 shipped from aus-appliances
That's an excellent price and perfect buy for a solid urn.

You can put in the code WELCOME and get another $10 off too.

Rambo said:
You can put in the code WELCOME and get another $10 off too.
Yeah with the $10 off code it makes the buffalo around $220 delivered for me from nisbets.

The birko is $45 more from aus-appliances, is it worth the extra? seeing as $45 is the cost of grain/hops/yeast delivered to my door

I have the buffalo and it works a treat. Never seen the Birko in action so couldn't tell you if it's worth the extra.

40+ brews on Birko and still going strong. Never heard of any issues with boil dry switches cutting in. No mods needed, just plug and play.

The main difference is that the Birko urn has an exposed element, whereas the Buffalo has a concealed element. It really comes down to personal preference. I prefer a concealed element as it is a flat surface to clean and I don't need to bother with a false bottom.

If you are thinking of purchasing a Buffalo urn, have a read of this post.

Horses for courses. Exposed element means a quick wipe on clean up and good to go. Any baked on crud gets a soak in Napisan. The big difference is not having to modify to get it to boil. But both will do the job.

birko ftw!

got mine from nisbets with 20 free coffee mugs. you do the math

Back