• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Want to Buy - Burner and ...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akx

Reaction score
Hi guys,

After giving my burner to my brew-buddy in the states, I'm looking to pick one up here in Sydney. Anyone have a spiral burner or banjo burner they're looking to unload? I need regulator, hose, gas bottle. I'm staying in Turramurra north of Sydney.

Also will be looking for a mill... just need to balance funds as we've had a massive amount of expenses moving and I can suck it up and buy premilled grain for the first batch or two.

Also will be looking for CO2 setup but that is a lower priority as I can bottle the first few batches... I do have my US regulator coming with our stuff (2 weeks away) but I have a sinking suspicion it is not going to do me much good here... Maybe I'll pair with a sodastream bottle and use it as my portable dispensing system with my 4 litre keg...

Didn't really see what I was looking for on gumtree around me, so planning on buying a new one. Any opinions between these two?
https://www.cleverbrewing.com.au/burner-high-pressure-lpg.html
https://www.snowys.com.au/mega-jet-outdoor-power-cooker

Looking for something that will last many brews. Starting with a standard 30L boil (I think? For 19L final volume) but maybe someday getting back into double batches like I used to brew. My burner in California was LOUD and I don't mind spending a little extra to save my ears.

Both will do the job, I've seen the CB one do massive boils with the supplied reg (200L+), The snowys job is similar to what I had years ago, bloody noisy and probably good to 150L. Support a site sponsor and go with the CB one.

MJ

I was originally looking for a spiral burner, but that also needs a regulator = $225 for both. (not sure what shipping will be) which is getting to be more than I wanted to spend.

Thanks for the tips.

Latest posts

Back