Wakatu Hops (formerly NZ/Pacific Hallertau)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think of this hop?

• 5 - Great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 -

• 3 -

• 2 -

• 1 - Terrible

• 0 - Never used it

• Total voters
Mr Humphries...... "Are you Freeee"
hows about an "up-date" [scuse the Humphries pun]

i've got both those flowers in the freezer waiting..!

[on a side note: i got an episode of... are you being served on the flight from Syd to Perth last week.. Title: Mrs Slochams pussy is expecting." :eek:

KoNG

Mr Humphries...... "Are you Freeee"
hows about an "up-date" [scuse the Humphries pun]

i've got both those flowers in the freezer waiting..!

[on a side note: i got an episode of... are you being served on the flight from Syd to Perth last week.. Title: Mrs Slochams pussy is expecting." :eek:

KoNG
LOL! Great title for an episode.

Gotta say I am pretty happy with the outcome, very fruity aromas from dry hopping and the beer has a nice balance between malt and hop. Reckon they are a great combination together, imagine tropical fruits and oranges. I will be brewing using both Motueka and Pacifica in a few weeks in a low gravity bitter.

C&B
TDA

You've all done well!! B)

Warren -

grace.jpg

Thank you Mr Grace....
and you too Mr Humphries

Is Pacific Hallertau also known as Hallertau Aroma ?

Rook

Nup different hops old boy. Hallertau Aroma is mighty nice though. :icon_chickcheers:

Warren -

You were to fast for me Wazza, i checked on Craftbrewer to see if they were both sold and guess what, they are :beerbang:

Rook

Heads up, for those in Adelaide Beerbelly has 2009 stock of these flowers.

They smell divine :icon_drool2: and I will be brewing with them hopefully tomorrow evening.

No affiliation, just a fan of the Kiwi hop flowers :super: !

C&B
TDA

Anyone used this hop successfully in an ale and what was the hop schedule? Did you mixed it with other hops? I have 500grams and dont make lagers yet. Has there been any other successful hop schedules other than Pacifica and Saaz B?

Hey guys,
So I recently got given 100g each of Pacifica and wakatu, but have found that there is not much info about this hop!
So anyone had any brewing experience or recipe ideas etc for some discussion about wakatu?

MOD: I've merged the Wakatu hops thread with the original Pacific Hallertau thread, under the hop descriptions sub-forum. This sub-forum is designed as a mini database and feedback on hop performance.

I've found Pacifica to be pretty harsh in the bittering front and takes a good month to mellow so not a fan of it really in big doses,

now Wakatu just done a single hop wheat with it, used it in RIS, lagers, pilseners, cream ales I love it, I would put it on my cornies if I could it just works well in so many different brews,

Having used it a tiny bit at this stage I can say I am really enjoying it.

Pacifica I found definitely lives up to the Orange Marmalade front.

In lower doses I found that it does that European Hop spiciness that goes a treat in the lagers I have made.

Tasted a German ale made with wy1007 and this hop. Great beer.

Got a pilsner carbing up with Wakatu at the moment. Will tap it this weekend, really looking forward to it.

Have used this hop in conjunction with 25g Cascade dry-hopped. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Back