Wa To Get An "abbey " Beer?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where the heck is New Norcia?

Their claim to fame among other things: John-Michael (Hollywood) Howson was schooled there (boarder) or was that Ad Nauseum not New Norcia.

There was a blurb in yesterdays Worst Australian.
I did'nt know New Norcia had a brewing history, very shrewd of Chuck to jump on to it, must be a good quid on the horizon. <_<

Untill last year, either did I.
I took my Mum up there to have a look around and joked on the way up about an Abbey ale.
While walking around a shed full of old farming equipment and some old carbonating gear(they used to make and sell softdrinks ) I found a big old copper pot(maybe 1000L?) with a plaque mentioning it's history, I was cursing them for stopping production.

I just sampled this beer and i won't be wasting my money on it again.

Taste like dirt

Rook

Don't know about dirt but seems too hoppy for an Abbey Beer, lacking in Belgian Character

To revive a much old thread I just picked up a 6pk of this at Camperdown Cellars over here in Sydney, I noticed the best before of 23 Jun 2010, so it appears they have decided to start selling it nationwide to clear some stock.....

Will post a review of it later tonight

It's not a new item for Camperdown Cellars - they've been stocking it for at least 12 months or more.

I don't mind it even though, as Mikem108 said, its missing a lot of the Belgian character you would expect.

Jez

Shows how often I don't go into CC...........I was actually only aware of this beer as SWMBO brought home a newspaper clipping with a review of it.

...and shows that I go there FAR too often!

:D

Latest posts

Back