WA English Ale Fest, Interested ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm keen as Nev. Going through a massive English ale phase at the moment. That's what happens when you live in Butler for too long.
Got an ESB on the ferment at the moment and am toying with cloning a Theakston's Old Peculiar because it's such a jolly good drop.

BambisBrewingBeer said:
For real?! Might have to track her down and organize a ladies brew day!
She is on the forum but for the life of me I can't remember her user name.

BambisBrewingBeer said:
For real?! Might have to track her down and organize a ladies brew day!
I think her nic on here is "kixbooty". She's a top chick and it's great to see more girls getting involved. The Perth guys will make you feel welcome.

If I wear a wig and lippie, do you reckon I could sneak in on a brewday? :D

Haha, the missus has been complaining about me stretching her clothes, but if it's in the name of brewing :kooi:

Queensize Big & Tall has all your needs Jyo.
Queensize.jpg

Nev,

can't make the day, (first kid is due any moment about that time in August) but can arrange for a party keg of my Northern Brown ale to be supplied for others enjoyment.

Let me know if keen.

Cheers,
D80

Diesel80 said:
Nev,

can't make the day, (first kid is due any moment about that time in August) but can arrange for a party keg of my Northern Brown ale to be supplied for others enjoyment.

Let me know if keen.

Cheers,
D80
Appreciate the offer but bring the lady along, my wife is a mid wife so we can deal with it on the day :p
Nev

BambisBrewingBeer said:
So this looks like a pretty male dominant event, that being said brewing in general is a male dominant but would you guys mind if a chick tagged along?

Need to meet some more local brewers and I'm pretty interested in making a English Ale.
Dont worry we like all sex's and jyo, which we are not sure about.There will be a few females not all brewers but welcome anyway.
Nev

Gryphon Brewing said:
Appreciate the offer but bring the lady along, my wife is a mid wife so we can deal with it on the day :p
Nev
Ahh, your new method of delivery, Nev- Baby In A Bag!

Bizier said:
Queensize Big & Tall has all your needs Jyo.
attachicon.gif
Queensize.jpg
She needs some tips on colour coordination and makeup layering and I'm way more prettier than that.

BambisBrewingBeer said:
So this looks like a pretty male dominant event, that being said brewing in general is a male dominant but would you guys mind if a chick tagged along?

Need to meet some more local brewers and I'm pretty interested in making a English Ale.
The only way the scene will become less male dominated is if more chicks get into it and get along to events.

At the last case swap I was at in Melb, there were two lady brewers involved who came along to swap day (and there have been others at previous swaps) and like anyone else they were more than welcome. I hate the idea that beer and brewing is just a 'bloke's' thing.

Used by bambi so I figured it should be OK. Boob laden brewer? Boobed brewer? Breasted brewer?

Probably means I have to be a cocked brewer so maybe just brewer will do?

Or oi - you.

Good to hear! I too shall be nice and respectful ... even though I am the smarter and superior sex, I will look past it just the day. ;)

BambisBrewingBeer said:
Good to hear! I too shall be nice and respectful ... even though I am the smarter and superior sex, I will look past it just the day. ;)
We too will look past your superior sex.
Sounds like you like a bit of fun, should be a good day.
Nev

jyo said:
I think her nic on here is "kixbooty". She's a top chick and it's great to see more girls getting involved. The Perth guys will make you feel welcome.
kixbooty and I would normally be in attendance but Nev is discriminating against us for only being able to brew beers with hops beginning with 'C'.

We could try, but "malty" is considered an off-flavour around here so I doubt we'd be able to tell whether it's any good or not. May come to mingle though!

Latest posts

Back