WA English Ale Fest, Interested ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Online Brewing Supplies

**** OBS ****
Reaction score
I have been talking about a Perth English Ale Fest (PEAF) :beerbang: for a while now, just wanting to know who would be keen ??
I was thinking late July or even August (best as I will be OS in mid July). I havent put up my hand 100% to host yet but will consider it if I can get a hand on the day ?? No order pick ups on the day !!
Not sure how we should look at running this, case swap is too much to handle but must have some sort of "Bring along" for beer and food ??
Maybe a six bottle or more entry, depending on numbers. I can make a keg of PEAF IPA :icon_drool2:
I am keen .How about you ??
I--- Nev*** PEAF IPA, you know you want it.
II---Dent, you know you want it
III

Sounds like a plan. I'll bring a little keg of something black.

ya I am in 6 pack sounds good and tell you what food you want me to bring

depending on how things pan out would love to come to something like this.

I'm on a Curry Forum, and there's a highly skilled Perth guy on the forum, Pommie of course, who has opened a proper UK style curry house called British Indian to Go, Northern Suburbs.

Reckon his fare would be the perfect foil for some Brit Brews.

Other migrant forum members have tasted and wept unashamedly :)

I--- Nev*** PEAF IPA, you know you want it.
II---Dent, you know you want it
III--- Spoonta
IIII---jyo, ay up lads.

I'd thought about that so I am designing a one piece spandex number in Union Jack design.

I'm keen but my current stocks are very non British so will need to place an order. Any wyeast order before then Nev?

keifer33 said:
I'm keen but my current stocks are very non British so will need to place an order. Any wyeast order before then Nev?
Not in time to brew and mature but I do have some new 1187 (Ringwood) going on the site soon.
A customers social situation changed rapidly an he has asked me to sell his yeast order (1187,1056,2278), let me know if interested.
Nev

The Ringwood will work. Will place an order in a little bit.

jyo said:
You don't like the Union Jack design? See what I can do.
No, the Union Jack part is fine, it's just that you didn't mention any nipple tassels.

I could be a possible starter as I am about to brew an English strong ale (once you get some more grain in nev!).

A later starting date would suit be to ensure the beer is suitably matured.

It also might be a good incentive to try and finish off the prep to start using my new 80l ss conical that's been sitting around for the past 6 months.

MWS

Hi Nev

Great idea and thanks for the heads up. But i really doubt ill be able to make it. Going to be a busy time of the year for me then. Depending when the date is and how things work out i may be able to, but im not confirmed at this stage.

markws said:
I could be a possible starter as I am about to brew an English strong ale (once you get some more grain in nev!).

A later starting date would suit be to ensure the beer is suitably matured.

It also might be a good incentive to try and finish off the prep to start using my new 80l ss conical that's been sitting around for the past 6 months.

MWS
Its a 80L bling thing unless its used fro fermentation.
English strong would be a nice addition.
Nev

Back