Visiting Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troydo

Beer we come!
Reaction score
Well im going down to syd for 4 days to see RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE ..............WOOOOOOOO :super:

And we are staying for a few days, im not sure where exactly ..
SOO where to go?

I am hoping to get to lord nelsons but where else?

thanks in advance!

There are some top beer places & some crap ones as well. here are some suggestions:

The Australian (not far from the Lord Nelson)
James Squire on King St Wharf (great optics out the front on a sunny day B) )
The Lowenbrau Keller (just near the Aussie)
The Belgian Beer Cafe
The Bavarian Beer Cafe in York St (same as The Lowenbrau - there is 1 on Manly wharf too if you get over that way)
Red Oak in Clarence St
MacQuarie Hotel on Elizabeth St (I think)
Nags head in Glebe (try the St peters brews)
The Union in Newtown (try the St peters brews)
Paddys on Parramatta Rd Flemington about 30 mins out of the city)

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...crawl&st=15 addresses and idease here from an AHB crawl a while back

When is it? a few of us may be able to catch up & share the spirit :party:

The Lord, The Australian and the Belgian are 3 of my favourites, you should be able to do two in one night, or three depending on your stamina! The pizza's aren't bad at the Australian either if you're peckish.

MM That area looks like its pretty good, i will be at the entertainment centre and they all look close to that!

My pick of the top bars would be RedOak, Lord Nelson, Belgian Heritage, The Australian.

RedOak is just the ducks nuts in terms of a great range of award winning beers. Lord Nelson has a smaller range, but all really good (love their wheat). Belgian is good if you're into Belgians, but stay clear of their gimmick "flavoured" beers (banana, chocolate). The Australian wins out for sheer range.

I'm not a big fan of Bavarian/Lowenbrau. They don't have much range, and all their beers give me a headache the next day.

well im drawing up a map now.. so far im thinking Lord nelsons, red oak, james squire and the australian.

The Macquarie Hotel should be pretty close too, or so says my dodgy memory cells. :blink:

The Lord, The Australian and the Belgian are 3 of my favourites, you should be able to do two in one night, or three depending on your stamina! The pizza's aren't bad at the Australian either if you're peckish.

Aaah p00 brown, many a good night at the Australian... kangaroo pizza's, little creatures pale ale and the rugby grand final spring to mind ;) . Its in the Rocks and if its a nice night and your up for a view wakl down the the roof terrace where u can sit and have jugs of beer on teh roof and admire teh sydney skyline.

...or bypass all that and just go straight to The Establishment, where you can get all sorts of quality beers... :ph34r:

There's Equilibrium as well, Cnr Goulburn & George sts.
They claim to have 64 beers on tap (1/3 of them decent imported/local brew, 1/3 imported megaswill, 1/3 local megaswill). The bargirls are surprisingly nice. Service with a smile, which u don't get too often in a place like this.

...or bypass all that and just go straight to The Establishment, where you can get all sorts of quality beers... :ph34r:
wow. I'm on my phone and maybe can't see emoticons, but, don't go there. Please! Mega suits and mega coin.

And BarAce is nice - opposite Cheers downtown George Street in the Cinema district.

MM That area looks like its pretty good, i will be at the entertainment centre and they all look close to that!

The Pumphouse is right next door to the Entertainment centre. They have St.Peters Blonde, Killagh Stout & Thunderbolt on tap. This place is a lot friendlier on the wallet than others in the CBD.
Cheers
Gerard

Hahaha, last time I was there "allegedly" I spewed on the bar and was then asked to leave....

Troydo, if you have time get a bus to Coogee (not the WA one) and have a beer in the Palace at the North end of the beach - much bikini action going on :icon_chickcheers:
Megaswill unfortunately but you probably won't notice....

haha!

right well i think ive got the pub section of the trip organized... will need toa rage a day of looking at stuff for the ladies....

Give up on the Equilibrium, beer selection is shrinking weekly, soon will be nothing but megaswill left there, I reckon at least half the taps were emplty last time I went there

The Australian gets my vote - I'll be there on Australia day!

Oh, and the Lowenbrau beers give me a headache too!!!!!!

Back