Victory Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndrewQLD

RED ON WHITE IPA
Reaction score
Well here is the living proof, my Victory hops have started to flower this year (2nd season). It will only be a small crop but it just shows even this far from Vic you can get results.
stuff_012.jpg
stuff_004.jpg

AndrewQLD said:
Well here is the living proof, my Victory hops have started to flower this year (2nd season). It will only be a small crop but it just shows even this far from Vic you can get results.
View attachment 5124
View attachment 5125
[post="96823"][/post]​

Looks great Andrew , well done.
Now you have a spare cutting? :) I am sure I could find a spot to cultavate some hops here :p

Batz

I think I could organise a Victory and a POR if you would like Jeff :) . I think they would grow pretty well in your area so long as you have a spot with plenty of daylight. I"ll take some cuttings and see if I can get them to strike and let you know.

Cheers
Andrew

AndrewQLD said:
I think I could organise a Victory and a POR if you would like Jeff :) . I think they would grow pretty well in your area so long as you have a spot with plenty of daylight. I"ll take some cuttings and see if I can get them to strike and let you know.

Cheers
Andrew
[post="96832"][/post]​

Andrew, I'm inspired - didn't think you would get a flower that far north. Would love a cutting if you have a strike success & can spare one - no probs if you can't...

cheers Ross

:
AndrewQLD said:

Cheers
Andrew
[post="96832"][/post]​

Cheers Andrew ! :beerbang:

Batz

Andrew, I'm inspired - didn't think you would get a flower that far north. Would love a cutting if you have a strike success & can spare one - no probs if you can't...

cheers Ross
[post="96837"][/post]​

Consider it done Ross.

Cheers
Andrew

Malnourished said:
Victory? I've never heard of it... Do you have any info?
[post="96901"][/post]​

The actual name of the hops is Victoria, the title of the thread was a play on words :huh: .

"A super alpha, high-yielding triploid variety. Grown in all Australian production areas since the early 1990s. About 750-800 tonnes of Victoria are produced. Because of its high alpha yields, Victoria can be sold at prices which achieve very economical bittering."

Cheers
Andrew

AndrewQLD said:

cheers Ross
[post="96837"][/post]​

Consider it done Ross.

Cheers
Andrew
[post="97095"][/post]​

:) :beer:

AndrewQLD said:
The actual name of the hops is Victoria, the title of the thread was a play on words :huh: .
Obviously a little too subtle for me :blink:

AndrewQLD said:
"Because of its high alpha yields, Victoria can be sold at prices which achieve very economical bittering."
They sure know how to make it sound delicious! :)

Latest posts

Back