Victoria Pale Lager

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A think I got a hint of Saaz too.

This beer is average at best and will not be welcome in my fridge, I would drink VB of the this one :icon_vomit:

I bought a six pack a month or two back now, when I first heard of it. Went down fantastically on a 35+ degree day at an indian restaurant over a few vindaloos :)

bought a case of it a couple of weeks ago, for pre-xmas at the in-laws.

Still goes down pretty easily, but nowhere on the case or the bottle does it mention saaz hops anymore. Am I mistaken in remembering "saaz" on the packaging? or have they already started dumbing it down?

I bought a six pack a month or two back now, when I first heard of it. Went down fantastically on a 35+ degree day at an indian restaurant over a few vindaloos :)

bought a case of it a couple of weeks ago, for pre-xmas at the in-laws.

Still goes down pretty easily, but nowhere on the case or the bottle does it mention saaz hops anymore. Am I mistaken in remembering "saaz" on the packaging? or have they already started dumbing it down?

The official launch information was;

"Victoria Pale Lager is a flavoursome beer brewed to bring together great refreshment with quality lager characters. Refreshingly crisp and clean on the plate, Victoria Pale Lager is infused with Pride of Ringwood hops for bittering and Saaz hops for aroma. Using 100% Pale Malt in the brewing process, Victoria Pale is a medium-bodied beer with a smooth palate making this great lager ideal for summer's afternoon."

Though...things change. One must ask themselves...is it dumbing it down that VPL drinkers don't need to know about the malts or hops in the fire water they buy...

The official launch information was;

"Victoria Pale Lager is a flavoursome beer brewed to bring together great refreshment with quality lager characters. Refreshingly crisp and clean on the plate, Victoria Pale Lager is infused with Pride of Ringwood hops for bittering and Saaz hops for aroma. Using 100% Pale Malt in the brewing process, Victoria Pale is a medium-bodied beer with a smooth palate making this great lager ideal for summer's afternoon."

Though...things change. One must ask themselves...is it dumbing it down that VPL drinkers don't need to know about the malts or hops in the fire water they buy...

I don't remember the exact wording on the case *now*, but I think it left open the door for miscellaneous hops and malt extracts

"pale malt and fresh hop characters" something like that

Drank one of these at the local club today... And had that James boags flavour.. Pretty piss poor. Never drink again..

That is all.

Back