Vicbrew Results 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wee stu

wee stu's brury - hand made beers, award winning l
Reaction score
Apologies to anyone if these have already been posted, but the VICBREW 2007 results summary is now available online at the Vicbrew Website.

Congratulations to anyone who made it through to the AABC :beerbang:

If you are an AHB brewer and you have met with success, please share it with us.

awrabest, stu

Biggups Laurie for taking out the stout, great effort mate. Also great to see so many worthogs up there! well done to all competitors...

congrats to all who placed

especially all you Melbourne Brewers out there, awesome job guys

I had unbelievably good fortune this year ...

Best of Show
1st Strong Lager
1st Wheat and Rye Beer

but must say the standard of the beers that where presented for judging was exceptional (judged the Belgian, French and Sour beers ).

well done to the organisers too, I know there is a lot of work that goes in these events

... now on to the AABC. Lets see if we can get Vic back up where we belong ;)

I cant seem to find the results on the Vicbrew web site but I got no biggups from Fents so I guess I wont be participating in AABC.

I have never entered a comp before, can someone let me know if the judges actually no who brewed the beer or do they just have a number allocated to each sample?

Rook

I have never entered a comp before, can someone let me know if the judges actually no who brewed the beer or do they just have a number allocated to each sample?

Rook
The judging is done completely blind. Well by the end of the day it is :D

Seriously. The beers are poured in a separate room to the judges. The judges are just given a number and style.

I cant seem to find the results on the Vicbrew web site but I got no biggups from Fents so I guess I wont be participating in AABC.

Awww peels you know i got mad biggups for you! (after we build my frame ;)) just getting $$$$ together first :(

Geez...over already?

I forgot to enter :unsure:

johnno

Hey Johnno,

Yeah - it came around quickly - there's always next year.

Andy.

PS. are you with a club? There's been quite a bit of promotion for the event going on in the varioous clubs, including ours (Melbourne Brewers).

Haha, I laughed at that too... until I kept reading and saw that my kellerbier got absolutely slammed by the Judges.

my 4 beers dident even get entered, i won't be going to brew'n grow again. at least they gave me my beers and money back...would have been nice if they had bothered to call to tell me tho...my number was on the bottles after all

o well, bayside brewers Oktoberfest is next, who's in on that one?

-Phill

I'll probably be putting one or two into Oktoberfest

Bayside brewers do a lot to help out the brewing community in Vic ( as do most of the homebrew clubs ) so its good to support their competition, plus I'm turning into a bit of a competition junkie at the moment. :eek:

Looks like they have gone into a bit of effort for this one as well make a weekend of it down at Dromana.

apparently there's camping and stuff, i'm yet to look up the website but looks like it could be a good weekend

Latest posts

Back