• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

[VIC] Wanted: Bottle Capper

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beermeupscotty

Reaction score
Hi fellas,

I'm after a bench-top, adjustable, vertical capper. Hoping to spend less than $30.

Would like something within 20mins drive of Kensington (3031), VIC.

Let me know if you've got one to offer.

Cheers.

this the type you after

675x8g.jpg

Ive got 3 mate, you can have one. Bring a couple of your brews and its yours !
If DU99's is easier go for it.
I'm out in Forest Hill, just down the eastern really.

Pm if you're keen.

UB

Thanks guys. Yeah Deer Park is obviously closer, although I'm due for a trip out to Doncaster or Mount Waverley soon.

I have a friend in Cairnlea who might be willing to pickup DU99's. How much for it mate?

Usually heaps of cappers around on this forum, I sold mine for the cost of postage, as many brewers like myself go onto kegging and don't bother bottling in glass any more. Many a capper sitting gathering cobwebs and it's good for them to go to a good home as it encourages the craft in general.

I use a two handed bottle capper myself. I've used the benchtop ones but I had a little trouble breaking the occasional bottle from applying too much force or not sealing them properly by not applying enough.

...but heck, if you can get one for free from another kind brewing soul, there's no reason not to use a benchtop capper.

I decided to go with the new one from Home Make It, as zeggie linked. Mainly because it's just up the road from where I'm staying at the moment (Northcote) and the build quality looks good (almost all metal).

That is, unless a very cheap and convenient one pops up.

These are the two I have that you can choose from mate. As I said, only cost you a couple of beers.

But then again, couple o brews + petrol and time makes local $35 capper look good !!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1389940171.762520.jpg

unclebarrel said:
These are the two I have that you can choose from mate. As I said, only cost you a couple of beers. But then again, couple o brews + petrol and time makes local $35 capper look good !!
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1389940171.762520.jpg
Yeah it's the distance which kills it. Plus I'm actually out of brew at the moment(!) - and the ones which are nearly ready, well... I'd sooner give you a couple of XXXX. (The system the nearly-ready brews came from was not temperature controlled and I reckon they've gone bad due to hot weather - this was out of my control but I'm setting up a couple of fridges with STCs to prevent it occurring again).

However, if I haven't bought one yet and I do end up making a trip nearby in the next couple of weeks - I'll check to see if one is still available and bring a couple of special crafties. :)

Haha ! Bottle capper wars !!!
Have a good weekend guys.

UB

Sat on this for too long and now the home-make-it cappers are $44 which tips the balance for me on new vs. second-hand.

I'll PM one of the other guys later on but I was hoping to bottle today - does anyone who's free today have a spare capper for trade?

Back